Sponsored by:

Going to sell Mrs. P.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:32 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Going to sell Mrs. P.

It's been a long and painful decision but I'm selling my 993 (and 997) and buying a GT3. I'd like to get at least $40K for the 993 but that includes a lot- any comments on the price would be greatly appreciated.

It's a dark blue 1996 993 coupe set up for DE but certainly usable on the street (and still street legal). She's in superb condition with minor chips and scratches on the front from DE use (the front bits have been sprayed once). She has been immaculately maintained and cleaned- down to detailed undercarriage cleaning by yours truly.

The interior is two tone- light grey and metropol blue, dash, upper door panels and rear shelf. She's been driven only 32K miles. I'm the second owner- I've owned her since 98 as best I recall and bought her with 5,000 miles on her from a dealer in Northern Virginia. Mods & Equipment include:

3 sets of wheels; two Fikse (FM 10 and FM 5) 18" with Hoosiers. One set 18" aftermarket turbo twists with new Proxes.

Recaro SRD race buckets, Sparco harnesses, DAS Sport roll bar painted in exterior color. Fire extinguisher. Original front (full electric but not sport) and rear seats are also provided. Hot Lap timer.

"Gay" steering wheel- actually an RS wheel reupholstered with thicker padding and metropol blue alcantra to match seats and dash. It's not really gay but people who are jealous (like our gay chief instructor) say it is. Also have the original wheel with airbag.

H&R coil overs with monoball tops. RS swaybars. Aligned and corner balanced by Intersport in No. VA.

Fabspeed super cup exhaust- don't have the original as I gave to a friend. Still retains catalysts.

Big Red brakes all around. Also have complete set of new OEM rotors and Hawk Brake pads not on car.

European front and rear bumpers (front is acrylic, rear is fiberglass). Tech Art front brake cooling ducts with integrated fog lights. RS rear spoiler.

Transmission rebuilt with lower gear ratios, steel synchros and LW fly wheel by Intersport. LS rear differential from Supercup.

Heater bypass tube installed (have all original parts).

Ice cold AC- kept because the wife was going to back to the track but never did. Perfect for those August delays on the grid.

Boxes of other original and extra parts.

She's very fast and stable. Mid to upper 1:24s at Summit but I think she could do much better in more capable hands. A few spins over the years but never any damage.

That's it. I'd post pictures if I knew how but would appreciate hearing what you folks think. I know I'll miss her and want to sell her to a fellow club or Rennlist member if possible- and who knows, buy her back eventually. She has been the most beautiful, most reliable car I've ever owned and I suspect that will always remain true.

Any comments appreciated.

Last edited by George from MD; 07-26-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Spidey 993

I just recently sold my 95 993 C2 with 28k miles. It would have been 100% stock if not for the radio.

I listed it for $34,000, got 20 low ball offers here on RL in the mid-upper $20k. I sold for right close to asking within a week.

A 100% stock car appeals to one type of buyer. Your car appeals to another. Not sure if its worth the time and $$ to convert back to stock. Alot of RL will appreciate your upgrades, but be leary of the track time.

Just my honest opinion. GLWS, I'm sure it's a beauty. The GT3 rocks!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

George,
This is my dream car. Love druling over it at the track. Very nicely done. Good luck with sale. That price is more than fair for this car, in my opinion.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 PM
dgmattingley
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen this car and drooled over it, too. Best-looking 993 (and therefore best-looking Porsche!) I've seen in this area, and the perfect mods IMHO. With the low miles, well-documented history, and extra wheels, rotors, and spares this seems like a fair price to me. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Guess it depends if you're waiting for the right buyer, or wanting to sell ASAP. Don't know how your times stack up at your track, but someone wanting a track car that's in fantastic, low mile shape will easily be able to see where it stacks in the pecking order. And there ain't much out there to compare with............

Of course you know going the next step gets into goofy money, which was spent on a car like my faux RS. I've basically got it sold (pending "test drive"/familiarity lesson at the track Friday) for a few bucks more. But cosmetically it's a 125K track rat. So a different buyer for the super-low miler versus the $30K 3.8L and Motons, etc. in mine.

(Sure you want a GT3? Lots of bucks for a car that's only a couple seconds/lap quicker, if that.)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm in no hurry to sell at all. I don't even want to know what I've spent on it or I'd probably quit this stupid sport.

I think the GT3 is the best compromise as I want to use the car for long trips and on the track which is what I've done with the 993. We have three garage spots (one is the lift) and four cars now.

What I'd really, really love to have is an Interseries Cayman with the windows and AC left in but that's way out of my league.......
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
SheepHerder
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLWS, sounds like you will be getting a very very nice upgrade aka GT3. Since we are both from MD, I'll pass your info on to some friends of mine that might be looking.

Quick Reply: Going to sell Mrs. P.