Exhaust control valves?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Aatos
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust control valves?

Hi all,

Due the very strict noise regulations on all my regular tracks I recently had to replace my Fister III's with new stock silencers from Dansk. . I miss the Fister noise a lot but I also don't want to abandon my track hobby either, so...

I've been thinking about modifying my stock silencers to be be adjustable. That way I could enjoy the soundtrack on street but also deal with the noise nazies at the track. I think this could be done by adding LPMM pipes the stock silencers and then placing a butterfly valve on the LPMM pipe section. Closing the valve routes the exhaust to go thru the silencer and opening it allows exhaust gases to use the bypass pipe.

I think this is a sound (pun intended) plan but I'm having difficulties on finding suitable yet affordable butterfly valves. This (click) is my current candidate but $170+intl shipping/each is a bit rich. I know this place sells similar valving with integrated electric motor but that's even more pricy, quite bulky and I don't really need that functionality.

Have you guys seen similar products elsewhere?

Quick Reply: Exhaust control valves?