Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My other Air Cooled car is on the cover!!!! UPDATED 7.22.11 with pictures...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet

Alright Jason here it is

I hope I did not butcher it, I am not used to do translations.
Originally Posted by ericthepilot

Good job !
Originally Posted by JDHertz11

Thank you so much for translating the article!
Originally Posted by MarkD

thanks for the translation Renaud!
Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
You are very welcome
I learn so much here and cannot contribute much from a wrenching perspective, so I am glad I could give back in some way.
Renaud-- Great attitude, & great work. Very generous gift of your time to the 993 RL community. I suspect that took at least an hour, just to read, translate, type, then proof-read & post.

I can definitely appreciate, & slightly identify: for 2 French 993 features, I spent days' worth of free time transcribing, translating through 3 on-line translation resources (none were self-sufficient), & then posting.
...would have helped if I knew French , but the 993 effort forced me learn more about your language ... just typing French characters, I soon learned my keyboard & my word processor were only designed for English
Originally Posted by curve lover

Viggo-- just translated an article about the 1994 964 Speedster-based NB 993. Similar to the magazine article in posts 109 - 111, it mentions the surprise of learning a 993 cab would've been easier to start with.

Enjoy, with disclaimer of Jäger translation & the help of multiple sites...
Originally Posted by curve lover

From French, as translated by me ... er, moi, & lots of computerized help
Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

More Bug (& Bus) love: the VWs in this new video translate well in any language -- enjoy!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jager,

It took a couple of hours, next time feel free to contact me and I will definitely help you out.

I used to subscribe to those Porsche French mags when I was still living there and know the journalist Marc Joly. He is actually famous for comparing the cars with women in all of his road tests. He is a French stereotype in itself !!!

I started to read this mag Flat Six when they launched, I was maybe 12 and it definitely kept my obsession with Porsche going.
That and the fact that my dad had a 912 when I was a baby, and apparently left me in the car with the engine running to calm me down.
Those were the days, no speed limit, no baby car seat.....

The French Porsche mags are great read with great photography but lack the technical hands on articles that you can get in 911 & Porsche World, Excellence, etc. If you read those mags in France they tend to paint this pictures that Porsches are indestructible (somewhat true) and can be enjoyed on a small budget but they never talk about issues like weak valve guides or IMS issues.

Take Care.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Renaud-- Merci beaucoup!
...which, IIRC, means "you have a private message" in French

Click below for video of JD's Brundage bad boy

Quick Reply: My other Air Cooled car is on the cover!!!! UPDATED 7.22.11 with pictures...