993 Forum 1995-1998

FD Motorsports Stage III Exhaust and Golden Rod

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:34 AM
SteveG.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FD Motorsports Stage III Exhaust and Golden Rod

Well, it has been an extremely long time since I posted or responded to anything on Rennlist. Life happens and other things take priority, work, wife, kids, kid’s soccer and basketball games, etc. But I have to say, my excitement and passion for the 993's have never left. I have a little more time now and have been bitten by the bug again after attending a couple track events this year. Digging my track gear out of storage was a pain in the butt.

Two weeks ago I met Darin at FD Motorsports and had him install the Golden Rod RS style shift rod and their Stage III exhausts. Darin is a great guy and is absolutely a pleasure to deal with. Before I posted my opinion about the new pieces, I wanted to give myself time to spend with the parts and let the "newness" wear off.

First off, the Golden Rod is a great addition and I think is a must if you have the Porsche Motorsports short shift kit. The softness and ambiguity have been taken out of the shift mechanism. Shifting now feels much more crisp and direct and this is had at a fraction of the cost of the factory part. In addition, the workmanship of the part is fantastic.

Second....the Stage III exhaust. All I can say is WOW! Over the years I have had several exhausts starting with Mille Miglia's and moving to GHL's. I have also heard many others first hand from other enthusiasts at track events and on Rennlist runs. Darin and FD Motorsports have got a winner with these. The sound is absolutely amazing and I find myself "fiending" to fire it up and take it for a run. The Stage III sound is very aggressive and racy, but still very Porsche. On the inside it sounds great with no resonance. When you blip the throttle, it has just the right amount of nastiness that puts a smile on my face everytime! Some systems, in my opinion, are a bit too deep sounding and they lose that raspiness that I love.

Thanks again to Darin and FD Motorsports for being outstanding to work with and for making great products. Also, for renewing and ratcheting up my enthusiasm again for my car!

Steve G.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:44 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darin and Mark are the real deal.

To anyone considering these improvements it is really a "nobrainer"

Bob-
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Steve, It was great meeting you. It was cool how similar our two cars are. Your car sounded fantastic as you pulled away next to the shop building!Hopefully I can get to track soon. Maybe I will see you there.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:59 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Darin is good peoples.

Andreas
Old 07-08-2011, 12:45 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Darin is good peoples.

Andreas
The horologist has spoken. Thank you Sir!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:16 AM
SteveG.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great meeting you too Darin and our cars are very similar! I'll shoot you the dates of my next track events and hopefully you'll be able to make one. It looks like I'll have to update my signature now...

See Ya,

Steve

Quick Reply: FD Motorsports Stage III Exhaust and Golden Rod