Sponsored by:

PSS10 DIY instructions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:01 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default PSS10 DIY instructions

I'm looking at going the PSS10 solution and was wondering if there is instructions that a somewhat capable wrench (myself) can follow. Special tools needed?
Difficult rating 1-10?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:40 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 416 Posts

www.p-car.com, then click on the DIY section and find it under modifications. Or, click on the DIY forum, then the 993 subforum and find the thread "DIY Suspension Install for Dummies" by member 'InTheAir'.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:41 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimbo3
www.p-car.com, then click on the DIY section and find it under modifications. Or, click on the DIY forum, then the 993 subforum and find the thread "DIY Suspension Install for Dummies" by member 'InTheAir'.
Thanks Jimbo. The 'InTheAir' instructions are very well written for the HD MO30. Are there any PSS10 specific tips?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:20 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the PSS10 instal using the "up in the air" instructions. Except for a few minor differences regarding the "drop links" in the rear, you will do okay with these instructions. I would rate the difficulty a 6 if you are like me (lame). It is probably a 4 if you are really experienced. Overall if I can do it I bet you can too without worry. If you need specifics on the drop links e mail me at

rudy-ab@mail.saabnet.com

I have some saved documents on my instal that may be of help.

Good luck...you will love your new bits!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:14 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ABCar
I did the PSS10 instal using the "up in the air" instructions. Except for a few minor differences regarding the "drop links" in the rear, you will do okay with these instructions. I would rate the difficulty a 6 if you are like me (lame). It is probably a 4 if you are really experienced. Overall if I can do it I bet you can too without worry. If you need specifics on the drop links e mail me at

rudy-ab@mail.saabnet.com

I have some saved documents on my instal that may be of help.

Good luck...you will love your new bits!
Andy,
Thanks for the clarification. I guess the part I'm a little unsure of is the ride height adjustment settings on the new PSS10s and the mounting of the top hat.
I'll try and do a search here again. I would put my self in the not so experienced category but willing to try anything.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:37 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Yeah, you can do it. The top hat is easy to figure out and there is a measurement that sticks out in my mind about 175mm from point to point. Honestly, all of these are little issues and easily figured out. When you dig into it let me know and I will provide you with help if needed. Also my freind curt just put his on recently and he can chime in as well. Go for it...take your time and enjoy the job. You will love the results. In fact, I am going out to confirm that in about 5 minutes on my own ride!

Be in touch
Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 PM
sbarracl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need a second set of hands, let me know.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:54 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not a hard job. I would also consider changing out the control arm bushings with the Walrod urethane ones. This requires some grunt work. Exchange arms are available I believe.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by matt777
Its not a hard job. I would also consider changing out the control arm bushings with the Walrod urethane ones. This requires some grunt work. Exchange arms are available I believe.
^I second that all...with conviction.^ (especially the grunt work...let Walrod do it) Bushings are a great and cheap add-on.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbarracl
If you need a second set of hands, let me know.
Thanks Scott, I will surely need a hand. Looking to do this sometime at the last week in July or most likely the weekend of August 30th.

Originally Posted by matt777
Originally Posted by ABCar
^I second that all...with conviction.^ (especially the grunt work...let Walrod do it) Bushings are a great and cheap add-on.
Actually, I've been sitting on a set of A arms for the last 5 months already with the Walrod bushings installed by the great Fister team.

Quick Reply: PSS10 DIY instructions