993 Forum 1995-1998

PPI in Cincinnati, dealer feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
cwalvoord
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI in Cincinnati, dealer feedback

I have found what appears to be a pretty nice 1996 993 Cab at Porsche of Kings in Cincinnati. Dealer says it is a one-owner local car and they have complete service records, no accidents. First, does anyone have any feedback on that dealership? Specific employees to work with or avoid? Generally trustworthy?

Second, I would probably like to get a PPI done by someone else - any recommendations in the area?

Thanks much for any help.
Chris
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are speaking about the one at the porsche dealer in Cincinnati.
Do not waste your time or money looking at the car.
They also had a targa which was no better.
They did take a Yellow C4s on a trade the day was there with high miles, but they were asking way too much for the car, for the condition.
I was in Cinci about a month ago and stayed at a hotel next to the dealeship.
You can PM me and I will give you more info if you like.

Al Z
Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

You've no doubt read a lot of bad press on Victory Motors in Texas. That has nothing to do with this dealer in Cincinatti. The relevance is that car salespeople (new or used) are in business to sell you a car. They will emphasize the good and de-emphasize the bad. I'd only believe my own eyes and ears. If they won't let you take it to an indie shop, I'd "run not walk" away from any deal.

I'd also insist on seeing all their so called "service records". I'd look for any "trends" such as a service call for the same thing more than once. 993's are very sturdy cars. If you are convinced the car is in decent shape, I would not let a dealer get in the way. It's always about the sale price. And always remember, "your power in a negotiation comes from your ability to say no".
Old 06-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live about 15 minutes from that dealer, and would be more than happy to drop in and check if you want my take on it.

Oh, noticed Al Z weighed in, might not be worth it, but if you want I'll still do put my eyes on it.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
cwalvoord
Track Day

Al Z,
I am indeed speaking about the one at the dealer in Cincinnati. I saw they had a green '96 targa with four owners on both coasts and an accident in its history that did not seem too attractive. From what I could gather talking to the fairly uninformed sales person the blue '96 convertible looked like it might be a clean, one local owner car but if you have other information I would love to hear it. I could not figure out how to PM you but my direct e-mail is sfarbak@yahoo.com.

Jeff96-993, thanks much for the offer. I would like to hear what Al Z has to say before I ask you to go over there. And if either of you have come across a clean cab in the midwest I would love to hear about it.

Chris
Old 06-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Chris,
I pm'ed you my phone number.
I will also email it to you.
Al Z

Quick Reply: PPI in Cincinnati, dealer feedback