Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wifey's Birthday Gift....UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Leon993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Automatic...perfect for a girl, even the color is perfect. Great gift!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Dave
I just saw the car in a parking garage this afternoon. It was in the perfect place: right at the top of an upward ramp, so that all the way up all you see is are those wide hips. It caught my eye, then I saw the plate and realized I "knew" this car. We all know the car is more than a decade old, but seeing it in the flesh, all lowered, clean and blu ... wow. A civilian could be excused for thinking the car is brand new. Gorgeous!
She's busted! I went to an autocross all day today and she went shopping. Thanks for the spy info Dave!

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Wow, missed this thread the first time.

Happy 21st Birthday to Mrs. D. She's legal now!
Ha,ha.....she will love you for that.

Originally Posted by csertich
What a great story and beautiful car.
chuck
Thanks Chuck!

Originally Posted by parsonii
nothing else to add but that you're a first rate husband
Thank you Sir. This was definitely one of my best moments.

Originally Posted by Leon993
Automatic...perfect for a girl, even the color is perfect. Great gift!!!!!!
...perfect for a girl She can drive a stick no problem but wanted a tip. I have to say it is great fun to drive and much easier while commuting.

Thanks again everyone for the great comments. She absolutely loves the car. I asked her over the weekend if she is still enjoying it and is used to driving it, she said it feels like her car now. Her old car feels lacking compared to the 993. Plus, she is driving the heck out of it......it is no garage queen for sure!
She looks for the perfect parking spots now, likes to keep the car clean, puts the top down at every opportunity, and asks me about the 993's quirky little noises.......she is beginning to understand my Porsche obsession a little bit...very cool.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:01 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
She's busted! I went to an autocross all day today and she went shopping. Thanks for the spy info Dave!
Too funny. I intentionally did not mention where I saw the car, on the off chance I might just be ratting somebody out. "Parking garage" is just too obvious, huh?

Truly, the car is beautiful. It's great to know that your wife loves it so much.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
sbmfj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the plates too, WY SO BLU = Why so blue ... Beautiful blue for an awesome car!!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

UPDATE:
So for Christmas, I got her some 997 heated seats....now I just need to figure out how to wire these puppies!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
So my wife's birthday is here. I won't disrespect her and tell you which birthday it is, but it's a milestone birthday. I knew she had always had eyes for a certain car, but she figured there was no way we could afford to get another Porsche.
It just so happened that the car belonged to my best friend and co-conspirator MarkD and he was looking to sell it to make room for his new car...a beautiful GT3.
Well we struck up what seemed like an impossible deal (the kind of deal you can only make with friends that are close to you ) and the birthday gift wheels were in motion. I had to find some new wheels since Mark did not want to part with his Speedlines (I can't blame him) so I picked up some GT3 style wheels for the car. I think they look perfect.

I took her to dinner last night and during dinner received a text from my accomplice that the gift had been strategically placed on the edge of the restaurant parking lot, ready for it's suprise unveiling.

The dinner went well and she received some nice gifts from close family. The check had arrived and everyone was getting ready to depart.
I pulled what looked like a watch box from my pocket and said "Oh, there is one more little gift for you..."
She opened the box not really knowing what to think (she is not a jewelry type gal) to find a Porsche key chain with a key attached. She sat there perplexed for a moment and then blurted out "What the hell!?" which made everyone at the table chuckle.
She sat there for few more seconds and I could see the gears turning in her head.
Then she asked me "Is it Mark's?"
I said "It is yours"
She asked again "Is it Mark's?"
I replied "It was Mark's, now it is yours"
At that moment she started to cry. It was very sweet.
We all went outside and she was so excited telling everyone how much she had always loved this car. I must say she looks very good in it! She was so excited and nervous to drive it. It was fun to watch.
Later that night as we went to bed she said that next to our two wonderful children, this was the greatest gift she has ever gotten.

OK, how about some pics!
Great story. You are a good man. Beautiful wife and car!

Quick Reply: Wifey's Birthday Gift....UPDATE