Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another vote for Interstate MTP-91. I just bought one today, as yesterday was the first time the old one gave me a hint that it might be well past its prime. The old one was an MTP-91 72 month that came with the car when I bought it in April 2006. I didn't quite catch the date stamp on the top before I turned it in, but I believe I got my money's worth out of it. I reused the old vent tube, btw...
Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
The Odyssey 925 is a great battery, but you need to use a charger.
Very true and most chargers are the problem when maintaining a battery in the off season or when parked.

The question now would be, if a special charger is required, how will the alternator in the car charge it fully? The Odyssey seems to require a higher voltage to be fully charged and a battery that isn't regularly fully charged leads a shorter life.

Another critical issue with VRLA batteries is that they should never be overcharged, and chances are very good that they are in areas like the south during the summer. Charge voltage needs to decrease with a rise in temperature.

I met with the buyer for Costco (like Sams). He no longer carries the Odyssey line due to to many issues with them. Just relating what he said.

Odyssey Technical Manual
Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Sears refused to replace it to a non-original purchaser. Based on that Sears can keep their batteries, they have lost this customer.
This one as well.

I bought two of their batteries (72 and a 60 month) and each failed exactly half way through the warranty, give or take a month.

Now if Panasonic car batteries would only be available in North America.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you kept voltage to the ECU and/or don't have a smog test coming up any time soon........ https://rennlist.com/forums/index.php
All I did was change my battery, then the odyssey began. Search "smog readiness codes" or "driving sequence" and you'll see what I mean.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

I'm not sure why everybody has such problems with the readiness codes. It takes me about 3 days of normal driving to set all the readiness codes.

Quick Reply: WTB: Battery