Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

^Just sleep in the grandstand!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

just watched the movie for the 1st time! AWESOME! What great cinematography.....wow. BTW, that blonde chick (who was married to the driver who died the prior year) looked exactly like my girlfriend right after I graduated from college 20 years ago. Ah, memories!! Sure hope my wife doesn't see this post
Old 06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

is anyone watching Speed? Alan McNish is very lucky, IMHO he was overaggressive passing a Ferrari GT car and he DESTROYED his Audi.

Go Peugeot ! (Audi will win, the reason I root against Audi is that they are the reason Porsche does not race LMP1, since VW has decided that Audi is the endurance prototype brand and Porsche shall be the GT brand although Porsche needs a mid-engined V8 GT car, BMW, Corvette and Ferrari are eating Porsche's lunch, the rear engined flat 6 design can no longer compete.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Indeed.

I'm rooting for Peugeot as well.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2

Go Peugeot ! (Audi will win, the reason I root against Audi is that they are the reason Porsche does not race LMP1, since VW has decided that Audi is the endurance prototype brand and Porsche shall be the GT brand although Porsche needs a mid-engined V8 GT car, BMW, Corvette and Ferrari are eating Porsche's lunch, the rear engined flat 6 design can no longer compete.
That single sentence deserves the first place honors at "Dostoevsky's Run-on Sentence Of The Year Awards". I know that because I write the same way

BTW, I've never seen the movie. Are they repeating it on Turner any time soon? And, oh, the Audi little mishap was on EPSN just now. Wow. They are tough cars.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Race is live on speedtv.com
Old 06-11-2011, 05:10 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

always a good viewing...
Old 06-12-2011, 09:40 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

The movie is awesome.

The Audi marketing ploy "Truth in 24" is also very good.

Ok, lemme create a longer run-on sentence:

As long as Audi succeed we will never see VW allow Porsche to go prototype racing,
I fast-forwarded through the last 4 hours after watching the first 20 religiously. I hate Audi, there are not stronger words. Especially Wolfgang Ulrich, self-serving b*st*ard blamed the Ferrari driver for McNish's crash. It was 90% McNish's fault, being over aggressive in the first hour of the race.

I suppose Audi's win is part kismet for the two drivers crashing so badly. I have met McNish many times and have scads of stuff signed by him. He's a great bloke.

I also met Rocky at 2 different Petits, also a great guy. When I first met him I told him his last lap downhill pass at VIR in the Ruby Tuesday Alex Job DP at VIR was one of the best passes I'd seen all that season. He just smiled. I like all the Audi drivers, it's the marketing machine ("ultra lightweight technology", give me a ****ing break, race cars are made from carbon fibre, DUH) and their overpriced, heavy, underpowered street cars are NOT ultra-lightweight.

I hate LED headlight designs and I blame Audi for creating a trend that every bling manufacturer has to follow. At least Chrysler on the 200 softened the LEDs with a strip to diffuse them.

f*ck Audi. That is all
Old 06-12-2011, 11:57 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

The movie is awesome.

Ok, lemme create a longer run-on sentence:

As long as Audi succeed we will never see VW allow Porsche to go prototype racing,
I fast-forwarded through the last 4 hours after watching the first 20 religiously. I hate Audi, there are not stronger words. Especially Wolfgang Ulrich, self-serving b*st*ard blamed the Ferrari driver for McNish's crash. It was 90% McNish's fault, being over aggressive in the first hour of the race.

I suppose Audi's win is part kismet for the two drivers crashing so badly. I have met McNish many times and have scads of stuff signed by him. He's a great bloke.

I also met Rocky at 2 different Petits, also a great guy. When I first met him I told him his last lap downhill pass at VIR in the Ruby Tuesday Alex Job DP at VIR was one of the best passes I'd seen all that season. He just smiled. I like all the Audi drivers, it's the marketing machine ("ultra lightweight technology", give me a ****ing break, race cars are made from carbon fibre, DUH) and their overpriced, heavy, underpowered street cars are NOT ultra-lightweight.

I hate LED headlight designs and I blame Audi for creating a trend that every bling manufacturer has to follow. At least Chrysler on the 200 softened the LEDs with a strip to diffuse them.

f*ck Audi. That is all
Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

It's not "lightweight cars". It's "lightweight technology".
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

On a lighter note, tcsracing 1, it would appear that your sweet little Chihuahua shuffle-steers. Does she heel-and-toe? Oh, yes, Parnelli, your post about the girl requires pics!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
It's not "lightweight cars". It's "lightweight technology".
an Audi is anything but lightweight, I had a B5 S4, it was a pig.

I said "lightweight technology".....

they're already stupidly expensive for what you get, imagine what their cars will cost when they start integrating their "lightweight technology". It's just bloody ironic that the Audi marketing machine chose this "technology" to market with their prototype.

They should be (IMHO) marketing "lighting technology"

Thank God the Montreal F1 race got the LeMans disappointment out of my head, the last 10 laps of that race made my weekend.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about today, but it was a free download on iTunes a few days ago.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 PM
ggg1ggg
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From someone that was at Le Mans this weekend - the really weird thing about the Audis was how damn quiet they were. By far the quietest cars on the circult, spooky in fact.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my fav movies: McQueen, the coolest dude ever and lots of fast cars.

Question, early on in the movie, the camera pans across the pits and there are some unmounted racing tires that appeared to have "corners". Was that because they were bias-ply? It's been so long since I ran anything but radials that I can't remember what bias-ply tires were like.

Quick Reply: Le Mans on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) tonight