Sponsored by:

KW V3 , PSS9 or PSS10?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 02:17 PM
frenzy757
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clib
i think for our cars its limited, especially for street use. Theoretically its more volume, variable pressure which can reduce heat, foaming and fade or deriorating performance under high stress activity. Travel benefit likely not an issue in 993. One possible benefit is easier reach to 1 of the damping adjusters (i think the compression adjuster is on the reservoir). However rebound is still on shock top which is a pain to reach either way.

Gotchya. Do we have any options that allow full easey adjustability? Is it only ohlins then?
Old 01-03-2021, 10:50 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by frenzy757
Gotchya. Do we have any options that allow full easey adjustability? Is it only ohlins then?
i think there are flexible woundwire adapters that can be added to like the KW shocks. The PSS10/9 adjust at the bottom which some people dont like climbing under the car but i dont think its any harder than reaching in the engine bay. I have a supercharger and intercooler in mine so its harder to reach and I am not remembering how difficult stock is to reach - probably not as bad. I dont know how Ohlins adjust.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:57 PM
frenzy757
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am at a bit of a crossroad here with suspension. Either go just coilovers, or fully refresh all bushings and get monoboll for the front parts...this obviously costs a lot more in parts and potential labor (if I don't do this myself). Anyone else been here? Figure if I refresh everything, I can do it at once and then get the right alignment. Versus if I change over time, I'll have to keep aligning, which can be costly. Looking at Elephant parts for all the bushings.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:50 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by frenzy757
I am at a bit of a crossroad here with suspension. Either go just coilovers, or fully refresh all bushings and get monoboll for the front parts...this obviously costs a lot more in parts and potential labor (if I don't do this myself). Anyone else been here? Figure if I refresh everything, I can do it at once and then get the right alignment. Versus if I change over time, I'll have to keep aligning, which can be costly. Looking at Elephant parts for all the bushings.
I faced a similar dilemma with my 964. I am not a DIY'er on Porsches, my days of really wrenching went out the door with the more kids I had and greater travel load due to work. In my case, since I would be paying for labor, my local suspension guru talked through the various scenarios and I ultimately bit the bullet and did everything at once because as you noted there would be duplication of effort and time if I did the suspension in multiple stages. I transitioned from PSS10's to MCS coil overs with monoballs, RS sways, and all the goodies. The change is night and day and the car is absolutely amazing on twisty back roads.

Good luck on your refresh/rebuild.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:13 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default MCS +++

Looks Like a few Goodies in there!! Did you Post - Have to search all of this - Looks Impressive and costly. What was the objective?
Not to lose focus but MCS is starting to intrigue me. Covid slowed down my Refresh so still collecting bits and researching systems
TJ

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: KW V3 , PSS9 or PSS10?