WTB: Spoiler wall, rear blower relay, A/C resistor

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:22 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Default WTB: Spoiler wall, rear blower relay, A/C resistor

Need these things if anyone has them laying around.

I am also thinking of a little experiment with A/C resistor. If anyone took out their old resistor and still has it, I'd like to get the connector and wire off of it. I can fish out my old oil cooler resistor that we've just replaced, but if I can avoid getting in there to unscrew it, I'd rather not.

Please let me know what you have.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
...... old oil cooler resistor that we've just replaced, but if I can avoid getting in there to unscrew it, I'd rather not.

Please let me know what you have.
Nothing but gratuitous data on having previously played a bit with ballast resistors ......
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Garth, there's a though on Pelican on ordering a standard 0.45 Ohm ceramic resistor that I'm really seriously considering. I'll be re-positioning it anyway, so why pay Porsche $60 for a round resistor? I did have one extra one and we replaced and re-positioned oil cooler resistor last weekend. BTW, what's the quick way to heck resistance without pulling fender liner? I can listen to the fan as well, but have to remember what to do for that.

The other issue, the blower relay, is more of a guess and vague memory from my previous cab. I suddenly lost heat on all setting other than "all the way clockwise". Do you concur that it's that relay, or should I be looking somewhere else?
Old 05-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Garth, there's a though on Pelican on ordering a standard 0.45 Ohm ceramic resistor that I'm really seriously considering. I'll be re-positioning it anyway, so why pay Porsche $60 for a round resistor? I did have one extra one and we replaced and re-positioned oil cooler resistor last weekend. BTW, what's the quick way to heck resistance without pulling fender liner? I can listen to the fan as well, but have to remember what to do for that.

The other issue, the blower relay, is more of a guess and vague memory from my previous cab. I suddenly lost heat on all setting other than "all the way clockwise". Do you concur that it's that relay, or should I be looking somewhere else?
Re measuring the ballast resistor 'in circuit', pull either relay R04 or R14, and with a good DVM, measure Ohms to ground respectively from pins 87 and 87c ( as marked on the repay - the corresponding female CE panel slots are marked differently).

If you get an open circuit, the resistor is blown ... otherwise, one loop should show 0.5 ohm > than the other .... the former being the low speed.

May save pulling the liner for a direct measure ...

Hummm - not sure about the heat/blower issue - sounds like a possible CC panel issue
Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I might have had the old connectors, but I can't find them. Must have ditched them.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Paul, thanks for looking!

Garth, is it 0.5 Ohm from both 87 to GND and 87C to GND? Whilest we are at it, do you remember relay number for the other side? We re-positioned it so I just want to check (although the oil temp was stable in DC-Baltimore parking lot of a road.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Paul, thanks for looking!

Garth, is it 0.5 Ohm from both 87 to GND and 87C to GND? Whilest we are at it, do you remember relay number for the other side? We re-positioned it so I just want to check (although the oil temp was stable in DC-Baltimore parking lot of a road.

The AC and oil cooler relays are identical - double height black cases, plugged in slots R04 and R14 on the CE panel ( adjancent on the right front corner, facing the panel).

What I meant is that the low speed loop should measure 0.45 ohm greater than the high speed side .... if the ballast resistor is functional. If it is dead, you will find an open circuit. I cannot recall which is high or low speed, 87 vs 87c; however, by inserting a jumper from 30, and touching it to 87 and then 87c, it is immediately obvious ... you can hear the fan running - or not: this is a better test than measuring resistance IMHO
Old 05-28-2011, 11:46 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aha, got it. I'll probably check tomorrow for both relays just to see.

Thanks, Garth!

Quick Reply: WTB: Spoiler wall, rear blower relay, A/C resistor