Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger

no idea that Mark was selling

Originally Posted by Cactus

Didn't know you were selling
+993!

Originally Posted by aircooled

You'll need that turbo at this altitude--ha!!
+5,280'!

Originally Posted by Spidey 993TT

Some of you already know the car
Tony-- I've only been near his ride once years ago, but immediately I was wondering if that was Mark's even though, IIRC, she was wearing different shoes when I saw her.
Memorable man, memorable Turbo. Congrats!!!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Spidey 993

Thanks Blackie, I can understand why.
Originally Posted by bb993tt
I really like black TT's. Congrats.
I appreciate that Joe, and I found that out today. I haven't been that scared and excited all-in-one in a long time, felt awesome! Thanks!
Originally Posted by JM993
Congrats Tony. I've driven that car and WOW it is fast. Enjoy in good health. Cheers, Joe
Thanks Toby, hope to see you at the next Cars-in-Coffee. I met Boulderbobo finally a few days ago (great guy, amazing house and stable).
Originally Posted by indianpeaks911
Congratulations Tony! Awesome car! Enjoy!
Same to you, great looking car you got there, can wait to see more pics when you can.
Originally Posted by MiataR
Ugh. I thought that I'd just bought my dream car... and then I saw this post. Congratulations!
Thanks Tony
Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Hotnesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! Congrats!!!
Thank you sir! Mark, Darin and FD Motorsports are the best. I feel like I own one of their mascots, and I take pride in that. He has sent me some pics of Laguna and the black BBS wheels he had on prior. I want those too, but wifey is giving me the evil eye like I'm really pushing my luck.
Originally Posted by curve lover
+993!
+5,280'!
Tony-- I've only been near his ride once years ago, but immediately I was wondering if that was Mark's even though, IIRC, she was wearing different shoes when I saw her.
Memorable man, memorable Turbo. Congrats!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:54 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a brief ride in that machine a couple years back, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Wicked.

Congratulations
Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Spidey 993

I know it may take awhile to feel like the car is mine and sometimes adding your own touch could help with that. I was thinking of some mods I would like to start keeping my eyes out for:
1. Red seatbelts
2. Chris Walrod's instrument rings
3. Black Hardback seats! or GT3 possibly

Thanks -
Tony
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Tony, congrats! Where in CO are you? I bring my Turbo R up to Aspen in the summer. We will be there all of July and into August. Jim (aircooled) and I were thinking about some sort of meet. Any interest?

I cannot wait to get up into those mountains!

As far as mods go, you might like my "new" interior. Bad iphone pic, but the best I could do for now. GT3 hardbacks, alcantera covered ebrake, and original red seatbelts. Go for it!
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:05 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats Tony- awesome purchase!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Spidey 993

Thanks Mongrelcat. This morning I went ripping down HWY 93 against the flatirons, it was insane. Im not sure how fast Im going, Im getting old, but I feel like a 16 year old driving for the first time.
Originally Posted by mongrelcat
I had a brief ride in that machine a couple years back, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Wicked.
Congratulations
Patrick, please keep me posted. I would enjoy meeting up with you both. We can swing by and pick up Ben (BLT4SPD) in Evergreen on the way.
I love those seats, they would match perfectly with my Alcantera interior bits as well. I'm jealous!
Originally Posted by Texas993
Tony, congrats! Where in CO are you? I bring my Turbo R up to Aspen in the summer. We will be there all of July and into August. Jim (aircooled) and I were thinking about some sort of meet. Any interest?

I cannot wait to get up into those mountains!

As far as mods go, you might like my "new" interior. Bad iphone pic, but the best I could do for now. GT3 hardbacks, alcantera covered ebrake, and original red seatbelts. Go for it!
Thanks Brendan, I have a feeling your next.
Originally Posted by 993Brendan
Congrats Tony- awesome purchase!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Tony, I'm glad she arrived safely. It is a great car. I know Mark will truly miss her. Every time he would take her out he would say "Man I love this car!"
I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as he did
Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Spidey 993

Thanks Darin, I must say if it wasn't for you, all this may not have happened. I owe a huge thanks to you for that, and I appreciate you helping with loading her up as well. When we were unloading her, it was like all jaws were dropped and heavenly music playing in the background as he backed out. BTW, You were right about PassPort Transport and Kurt the driver, they were top notch and did an excellent job.

My son and I just took it out for our third trip around the mountains. Any time your son wants to hang with his Dad and talk Spidey, it was all worth it. It's in great hands for sure.

Originally Posted by FisterD
Tony, I'm glad she arrived safely. It is a great car. I know Mark will truly miss her. Every time he would take her out he would say "Man I love this car!"
I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as he did

Last edited by Spidey 993; 05-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patrick, please keep me posted. I would enjoy meeting up with you both. We can swing by and pick up Ben (BLT4SPD) in Evergreen on the way.
Nah, I hate drives in the mountains........in a Porsche.......in a turbo Porsche.......in a twin turbo Porsche..........not me........Please DON'T call me when that's going to happen!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:34 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks Darin, I must say if it wasn't for you, all this may not have happened.
You are welcome. I'm not sure if Mark is happy with me or mad at me...maybe a little of both . He was talking about selling his turbo to get a GT3 and I saw you looking so I figured it might be a good match. It happened so fast I just don't think Mark was ready for that. He is excited about a new car and I know he has said you were great to work with on the deal, so I think he'll forgive me eventually
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
You are welcome. I'm not sure if Mark is happy with me or mad at me...maybe a little of both . He was talking about selling his turbo to get a GT3 and I saw you looking so I figured it might be a good match. It happened so fast I just don't think Mark was ready for that. He is excited about a new car and I know he has said you were great to work with on the deal, so I think he'll forgive me eventually
yes, Darin gets all of the credit or blame. We'll see which it ends up being

Now if I can just find the right 997.1 GT3...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD

I remember when you were looking for your DD BMW ... I got a feeling this ain't going to take long .....

And, congrats to the O.P., you got a good'un .. of course, you already know that... :-)
Old 05-17-2011, 05:44 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
We're working on it......
Old 05-17-2011, 06:06 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

And I thought I was crazy for wanting a GT3 too. I was contemplating casually putting my 993TT on the market as well... I want a Mexico Blue GT3.2...

Quick Reply: My 993TT is here!