Sponsored by:

Victory Motor Cars Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 AM
TxnBluDvl
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Tony is the Torrance California, Callas Rennsport Callas. Mike is the Sealy Texas Rennsport Porsche Works, Callas.

Mike is Tony's Dad and as they say: the acorn didn't fall far from the tree. They are both great mechanics. I had the pleasure of working with both of them at the same time. What an experience that was It's ALL GOOD.

Oh! That's an interesting discovery (for me)! My 993 is currently in Houston and I'll need service at some point. Didn't realize I'd have access to such a great wrench in the area when I moved my car there.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by chas911
Mark, whats up, haven't seen you in a while. This car will be a street car lightly driven most of the time by my wife.
Charlie
Sounds cool!

Originally Posted by ABCar
Good to see someone coming into the air cooled arean once in a while...thanks for posting your experience and enjoy your beautiful ride.
Charlie owns (owned?) an F class 964, a car that he drives very well, so he is no stranger to air-cooled 911's.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Tony is the Torrance California, Callas Rennsport Callas. Mike is the Sealy Texas Rennsport Porsche Works, Callas.

Mike is Tony's Dad and as they say: the acorn didn't fall far from the tree. They are both great mechanics. I had the pleasure of working with both of them at the same time. What an experience that was It's ALL GOOD.
Haaaaaaaaa....... I knew that!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdmdriver
As i was reading, I kept waiting for the shoe to drop. Refreshing that everything turned out well.
+1. It's technically not impossible to find a "good one" at Victory. Problem is, all the inventory is presented as such. My feeling is that our friend Robert doesn't know his cars very well and sorta doesn't want to ("I wasn't aware of that...") However, it's hard to brush aside the incident(s)? of the dealer-stamped maintenance records that don't match the car.

Truly glad it worked out for you, though. Congrats on the car. Was the carpet vacuum pattern to your liking?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TxnBluDvl
Oh! That's an interesting discovery (for me)! My 993 is currently in Houston and I'll need service at some point. Didn't realize I'd have access to such a great wrench in the area when I moved my car there.
RennSport is highly recommended and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I found them from others on this board who have used them in the past. The detail of his inspection was impressive as well. They had some interesting cars to see when I was there.

Mark, the 964 racer was replaced with a Cayman H class racer the middle of last year. Hope to see you around.

Chuck, the carpets did have the vacuum pattern shown on all his cars.

Charlie
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(thinking to myself) Like cutting grass in a pattern. I wonder how many times you have to vacuum the carpet in that exact pattern to get it to show?

Glad it worked out for you. If you do your homework, have the car inspected to your liking, and can come to an agreement with the seller, there is no reason not to buy a car from anyone.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear the car turned out so well, enjoy it in good health.
Originally Posted by dcdude
+1. It's technically not impossible to find a "good one" at Victory. Problem is, all the inventory is presented as such. My feeling is that our friend Robert doesn't know his cars very well and sorta doesn't want to ("I wasn't aware of that...") However, it's hard to brush aside the incident(s)? of the dealer-stamped maintenance records that don't match the car.

Truly glad it worked out for you, though. Congrats on the car. Was the carpet vacuum pattern to your liking?
Yes, the cars are described as "perfect/outstanding" condition but when you point out something obvious in the photos, like a torn spoiler wall he says "well it's a 13YO car, what do you expect?".
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice story. Expected some twist, what was missing :P
Old 05-13-2011, 10:03 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

wide AND white... love it. Congrats!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PasPar2
wide AND white... love it. Congrats!
Me Too! Great choice of car. Glad everything worked out for you with Victory.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:33 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chas911
RennSport is highly recommended and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I found them from others on this board who have used them in the past. The detail of his inspection was impressive as well. They had some interesting cars to see when I was there.

Mark, the 964 racer was replaced with a Cayman H class racer the middle of last year. Hope to see you around.

Chuck, the carpets did have the vacuum pattern shown on all his cars.

Charlie
Congrats on your purchase! Indeed Mike is THE best. I really miss visiting his shop, I have spend some really great days there, by the toolbox by the 2nd garage door. Mike his lovely wife and Warren are truly not only running the best Porsche shop, but are great human beings too.

Quick Reply: Victory Motor Cars Experience