Not too much air coming through the vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 AM
decgraham
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not too much air coming through the vents

Hi All,

I was driving today and had the top up (for a change) and noticed that I didn't seem to be getting too much fresh air through the front vents. As soon as I put the A/C on all was fine blowing like a good un. The other operations of the cooling / heating system are fine (defrost, recirc, fan speeds, etc. I can hear the flaps flip over when I adjust the controls) was I just driving too slow or is there something else I need to look at? With the fan on number 4 I was getting air but not that much. Oh, I did replace the particle filters a month ago.

Thanks a bunch to the experts on here for any feed back.

All the best.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:21 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

I'll bet your fresh air flap is stuck due to a damaged electric servo. Common problem.
Try to set the temp at max. If you get air blowing then your mixing flaps are working, but your fresh air does not. The system is supposed to draw air through the fresh air intake if there is no need for heated air from the engine.
You could also try to push the resirc button, that will open the resirc flap and all air will be drawn from there instead.
It's easy to spot the movement of the servos, they are placed in the trunk under the windscreen. Remove the black plastic first.
www.ccu.tore.bergvill.com
Cheers,
Tore

Quick Reply: Not too much air coming through the vents