just checking in saying hi to everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just checking in saying hi to everyone

I haven't been around here for probably 2 years at this point (YIKES!)

Not sure how many of the old timers are still around but part of the reason I haven't been very active is because I honestly have not been driving my 993 for the past 3 years. I drove it a whopping 24 miles 1 day last year (to get it to pass emissions test and do an oil change)... same story the year before and the year before that....

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Some quick news about me:

I got married (2nd marriage for both of us) back in Feb 2009. We are both heavily into the track w2w race scene so that is a huge part of our lives between April and October each year.

I wasn't working for the longest time (got laid off back in 2008) but am finally back in the work force again (changed careers this time). Now I'm a business manager supporting sales at Abbott (really liking the career change btw).

I have, however, been really active with w2w racing and managed to get 3rd place for the season in Spec Miata for the NASA Midwest region in 2010 (and was often the only girl on the track).

Meanwhile, my 993 sits hibernating still.. toying once again with the idea of selling vs. keeping her.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 261 Posts

Congrats on the marriage!....some of us r still here... :-) ...and deffending the Tippy..lol... good luck with the career change...
Old 04-22-2011, 04:01 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

H Chris,

Great to hear from your long-lost soul again. Congratulation on all of your life changes. It all sounds great, except for the neglect of your 993.

I also want to congratulate you for finishing 3rd in w2w racing. That is a great accomplishment in any class, but in the highly competitive spec Miata... my hat (a SF Giants baseball cap, actually) is off to you. Well done.

We're pretty much all adults here... what is your "obscene" HWFM Racing Title? Enquiring minds...
Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

This post makes me sad.

DRIVE IT!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 215 Posts

So good to hear from you. I have often thought about you. You had a rough road for a bit. It is great to hear you bounced back so well. But, it doesn't surprise me!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Chris!!

Long time no hear. Congrats on the marriage and new career.

Hopefully you come more aften and hang around. You need to drive that car more!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks everyone... Good to hear from everyone!!!!

Yes, now that I'm working again and can afford to insure and drive my 993 again, I am honestly itching to daily drive it this summer and re-unite my love with 993 ownership.

Believe it or not there is a woman at my work who happens to have a guards red 993 as well and she daily drives it and is also the original owner (I was just shocked to find another 993 owner also female at my workplace like that..and to have identical cars makes it even more rare!)

I promised her I'd bring my car out soon and park next to her so people at work will be seeing double (haha).
Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Good to hear from you, Chris! Glad to hear that life is good and that you're kicking *** in SM. Congrats on getting hitched!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow. It HAS been a while. Nice to hear from you and congrats on the marriage first and foremost and the 3rd place finish!

Originally Posted by ceboyd
Believe it or not there is a woman at my work who happens to have a guards red 993 as well and she daily drives it and is also the original owner.
I'd take this as a sign to get that thing outta storage and gas it up while we can all afford to!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

HEY CHRIS!!! This is too weird. I was just talking about you to my FA yesterday. YESTERDAY! Seriously, I thought about you, and spoke about you, and today you post. Must be that WOR ESP thing going on.

I'm 993 less at the moment, but WE are thinking of getting back into the fold if the right one comes along. We have 9 guys interested in the '73RS tribute we currently have and if that goes..... Don't sell your 993. Even not driving it, it is still a part of you. Use it as your daily driver. Two 993's in the parking lot, both Red and both owned by women. Cool..... Very Cool.

CONGRATS on the marriage. Sounds perfect. It's always nice when you have things in common, like cars and racing
Old 04-23-2011, 12:29 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Chris,

Another old timer who had barely driven the 993 in 3 years. I feel your pain.

Hope everything turns up roses for you from here on out.

BTW, Spec Miata is a blast. I had a NA for a year before getting my Ruf. I would not mind a NB this time.

But can't do that if I want to stay married. Especially now that we have downsized form a 4.5 cars garage to a regular 2-car. Better hold that thought......

CP
Old 04-23-2011, 01:00 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Chris. It is good to hear from you. Welcome back. Congratulations on your marriage and your new career.
chuck
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Joanne, Good to hear from you... I did feel this wierd draw here again so you just never know!

But anyway, My dad is the one who said I can't sell the car and talked me out of the idea the 1st time and even offered me financial help if I needed it (just to keep it) while I wasn't working and my running joke is that I'll be retired and driving it around as my daily driver in AZ 20 years from now (I'm convinced we will be retiring to sunny Phoenix area because I love visiting my parents there in winters!)

Unfortunately we are stuck in a 2 car garage house and the race cars get the garage spots (my Porsche is parked in my parent's garage so it does have a spot).

Somehow I have to work in driving it this summer to get myself reunited with why I wanted a 911 since I was 4 years old!

And as my dad pointed out, I am the original only owner of that car and can only do that once (since 993s aren't new at dealerships any more obviously) so odds are good that car and I will be together until I death do us part.....
Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome home, Chris. It has been a while. Good to hear from you. Get out and drive that 993!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:21 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ca993twin

We're pretty much all adults here... what is your "obscene" HWFM Racing Title? Enquiring minds...
okay... back when my 'ex' had the 95 993 (*speed yellow) I had his cars info in my signature profile.. and I forgot to properly proof-read and ended up saying 'short **** kit' instead of short shift kit and that earned me a spot in the HWFMR Team.

Quick Reply: just checking in saying hi to everyone