993 Forum 1995-1998

993 turbo vs 993C2 with Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
My 2c after installing a Protomotive TT kit, then uninstalling it is this: enjoy your car as-is, because HP is overrated. I don't miss the power at all, since 280 hp is plenty for a 3,000 lb car.

But if you can't resist, then sell your car and buy a factory TT unless you've sunk a ton $$$ into your car and you never plan to sell it. If you really have to mod yours, then a s/c engine is great fun on the streets (currently driving a '10 S4, supercharged) but TT is better for the track.

If you don't heed this advice, trust me, you'll regret it.
This man knows. Go factory TT. History has shown that fortunes rise and fall; you never know if you might need to sell your car, and it would suck to take a bath on a car that will never recoup it's actual costs.

<<< From a guy who has spent a boatload of money on creating a 993 race car but plans on keeping it for a long time.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are the type who always want to mod, then mod your current car. And only do that if you are really into it.

If you get the turbo, I'd leave it alone. These are becoming classics. Modding it definitely won't do you any good in resale. Try to imagine a modded Jag Etype or modded Dino. At some point, an original car is more desirable than a modified one. I think 993TT is hitting that spot soon, if not already. People are paying stupid money on these now.
Well said +1

Quick Reply: 993 turbo vs 993C2 with Turbo