Sponsored by:

OT: Daughter is off to Google (Mountainview) to intern and needs a place to say

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Default OT: Daughter is off to Google (Mountainview) to intern and needs a place to say

My daughter landed her first computer science job interning at Google (Mountainview) - she is very excited to both be part of that company, and to be living away from the family nest. (we are on the other hand are really nervous)

We have been searching for a place for her to stay for a while and have some leads, but I thought I would ask the Rennlist community in case someone had some contacts/knowledge or knew someone that could help.

Some parameters:
  • She would like a self contained suite with a small kitchen/bathroom/bedroom
  • basement suite or apartment or small house (ie. sitting) is fine
  • She will be by herself
  • Close to the Google bus route
  • Price range up to $1400/month (if more we can discuss)
  • From early June to end of August
  • She would make a great house or apartment sitter

She is a great kid and not a party animal at all, so I am confident wherever she stays will be well kept and low risk to the renter.

Just PM me if you have any ideas or leads. We are heading down to San Fran this weekend and will be checking out some spots.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

If you haven't already have her check some of the Stanford University related housing websites and/or boards. Palo Alto is right next door to Mountain View and I'm sure there will be some off campus students who would love to have a renter or share for the summer. Maybe even post a room wanted inquiry or stop by the student center bulletin board while you're in the neighborhood. Don't worry too much, most of that area is very safe, just stay out of East Palo Alto.

Quick Reply: OT: Daughter is off to Google (Mountainview) to intern and needs a place to say