How to install porsche 911 GT2 body kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 207 Posts

Yes they are R888 - Ilko - once again!!

Petu - plenty of pics - I could post all day....

Anything in particular? During the build?

Hers some recent shots:
Attached Images      
Old 04-22-2011, 07:43 PM
pcst
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beautiful!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 PM
camlob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full Boost(Simon) What details do you have for your wheels? I have currently HRE 540 18x10 and 18x9(8.5?), and their offset according to the previous owner was 65. I think its around 55 because it rubs a little on corners with dips. I plan to put a RSR NB kit since my car is a C2.

I want to keep the wheels first, until funds permit, and buy specific wheels for the WB. I intend to install 1 inch spacers in the meantime.

So if I you can give me details on the offset etc it will be a big help and I can start looking for a set.

TIA
Old 04-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Yes they are R888 - Ilko - once again!!

Petu - plenty of pics - I could post all day....

Anything in particular? During the build?

Hers some recent shots:
Yes, anything you have but I'd be very interested in build pics since I'm thinking...

If you prefer, you can e-mail them at: badass993@gmail.com

Thanks and looking real cool!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 207 Posts

Hi Cam,

Firstly - I am in AU and wheels are a little hard to come buy - the only ppl that manufactured 3 piece wheels in AU went out of business a few years ago - although they have recently been resurrected by a friend (of course - AFTER my wheel issues have been solved) so I had to import wheels from the US. (and tyres and spacers....)

Secondly i have a BBK conversion that was (stupidly in hindsight) totally custom made - and have some wheel clearance issues (my rear callipers are form a 997 GT3 and stick out in front of the hubs - causing clearance issues.

Basically i used stock 996TT size wheels and mucked about with spacers to get the look i was going for Of course the basic ET etc was good - but they just sat inboard too far. These are also my ROAD wheels - my track wheels I had custom made.

The wheel specs are F 8.5 x 19 ET51 R 11.5 x 19 ET45 but this is from an old diary note - so not 100% sure.

My advice is the complete the car - get a bunch of spacers and muck around for fitment - use washers big enough to fit over the lug nuts - just to get an idea as buying lots of spacers gets expensive - i still have 5 pairs..... then get a set of that are perfect. H&R - the only way to go - they have plenty of sizes available. And don't believe all that BS about increased load on bearings etc....

Also - my car was a WB to start with and i added over 3 inches to each side...... If I ever get through my divorce - iw ill get a set of 10s for the front and 13's for the rear made.... now that would be FAT!!!!

Petu - Email incoming..... but it will raise more questions than it answers.....

Simon.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:51 PM
fredcalero
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gt2 mods

i did this last year. I have lots of photos of the build including the sunroof delete. look up "gt2 conversion" on the 993tt site
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: How to install porsche 911 GT2 body kit