Sponsored by:

How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Ferrari and Love the 993

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
utahrock
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg964
Welcome aboard! Did you buy the Andial 3.8 turbo in California!? Not too many Guards Red 993 turbos with sunroof delete.
No, I found one closer to home and will post the rest of the story tomorrow, I think. Mine does have the sunroof; it just doesn't show up in the avatar. Stay tuned.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by utahrock
No, I found one closer to home and will post the rest of the story tomorrow, I think. Mine does have the sunroof; it just doesn't show up in the avatar. Stay tuned.
Rock, maybe you should start a new thread tomorrow, with the "rest of the story" (insert Paul Harvey voice here).

I can see the hint of your sunroof line in the avatar.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
utahrock
Instructor

Originally Posted by curve lover
:
Rock-- In some sailplanes I've flown, they crammed retractable prop engines in ... sneaky.
However, your other ride more than qualifies for low-carbon emissions, unless you hid a Mooney Porsche engine in it:

I'm only semi-pure and I'd love to have one with a retractable engine. This brings up a funny story that happened a couple of months ago:

The president of a rescue/safety company on the East Coast visited us to talk about some special products. When he arrived he commented on how beautiful it was to fly past the snow-covered mountains into Ogden airport. Now, normally commercial airlines fly into Salt Lake, not Ogden. So I asked which airline they flew in on and he said "Oh, we didn't fly commercial, we brought our company jet." It turned out to be a Citation X, the fastest civilian aircraft.

I had my sailplane at work in its trailer, so I invited him to look at our company aircraft, and I pointed out we were much greener.

He later mentioned sailing, so I had to ask and he said he had a ginormous 75 footer. Thank goodness we didn't have time to talk about cars... I told my wife I was going to ask him to adopt me.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:15 PM
utahrock
Instructor

As this thread has gotten rather long and has also demonstrated that religious fervor runs deep (thank God I'm an atheist) I thought I'd post some pictures in a new thread. But here are a couple...
Attached Images   
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

great post and beautiful 993!

Quick Reply: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Ferrari and Love the 993