993 Forum 1995-1998

How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Ferrari and Love the 993

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,385 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by tjeff993
Quadcammer, I've seen your posts and your obvious love of the Ferrari comes through.

Growing up I played with both matchbox cars, and the only one I dreamed of was the Porsche. Now that I can afford both, it's still the Porsche over the Ferrari. I'm not a fool, a Ferrari is a thing of beauty, but it doesn't hold a candle to Porsche.

Also, I know these are just opinions, you got yours, I got mine. I'm just confused why you fly the Ferrari flag on a Porsche forum? Actually, I know why, you just love being difficult. There is a difference between being difficult and being different. I think you try to project yourself as different, when it really just comes across as being difficult and unbecoming.
Jeff, if I may call you that, I like cars from all manufacturers, from ford, to nissan, to ferrari. I state my opinion, whether its different, difficult, or unbecoming. I'm not here to warm the cuckolds of porsche lovers heart...nor do I really strive to be be popular or loved on here.

Porsches are fantastic cars, and 993s in particular look great. But, as the ferrari guys say, and I tend to agree with, Porsches are the really lovely woman in the conservative outfit, and the ferrari is the stunning brunette running down the street in a nearly nothing dress, with 4" stilletos. Both are attractive, but looks wise, one sets your heart ablaze just a bit more than the other.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Spidey 993

Can I call you Cammer? But your opinion is like watching someone sitting in a roomful of blonde lovers, telling them how beautiful a brunette is...

I don't think your point is made on this board and falls flat consistently, for the simple fact this is a Porsche lover board, not a Ferrari board. Most of us don't give a **** about a Ferrari or I'd just buy one and be on the F-chat board somewhere.

You seem stuck on a fence, in conflict with yourself, and in that you try to make company in your misery. Buy a freaking Ferrari and warm the cuckholds of the Ferrari boards.

Why don't you?

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Jeff, if I may call you that, I like cars from all manufacturers, from ford, to nissan, to ferrari. I state my opinion, whether its different, difficult, or unbecoming. I'm not here to warm the cuckolds of porsche lovers heart...nor do I really strive to be be popular or loved on here.

Porsches are fantastic cars, and 993s in particular look great. But, as the ferrari guys say, and I tend to agree with, Porsches are the really lovely woman in the conservative outfit, and the ferrari is the stunning brunette running down the street in a nearly nothing dress, with 4" stilletos. Both are attractive, but looks wise, one sets your heart ablaze just a bit more than the other.

Last edited by Spidey 993; 04-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

As an Italian living in Italy, who ran and owned a car parts business once told me, a Ferrari is beautiful to look at, but if you want a sports car that works and that you can depend on, buy a Porsche. So I did.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Spidey 993

Honestly, If you want to constantly pick a fight with a bunch of Porsche lovers, trying to convince them a Ferrari or some other car is more visually pleasing, or more fun to drive, or for the 1%'ers. Go for it, it's your time your wasting.

I wouldn't go on the Ferrari, Ford-GT, Lambo board telling them how their cars are sub-par to the Porsche. #1 because they don't believe me, #2 they don't care. It has nothing to do with not wanting to warm the cuckholds of Ferrari lovers. The only reason why I would do it is to be difficult, not different. That's my point, you're just being difficult. In reality you think your being insightful, non-conformer, sharing higher power grandiose thinking.

It's too bad, because I enjoy reading your technical posts and have learned alot from them. To bad the ignore button can't separate the two.

Can I call you Cammer? But your opinion is like watching someone sitting in a roomful of blonde lovers, telling them how beautiful a brunette is...

I don't think your point is made on this board and falls flat consistently, for the simple fact this is a Porsche lover board, not a Ferrari board. Most of us don't give a **** about a Ferrari or I'd just buy one and be on the F-chat board somewhere.

You seem stuck on a fence, in conflict with yourself, and in that you try to make company in your misery. Buy a a freaking Ferrari dude and warm the cuckholds of the Ferrari boards. Why don't you?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:43 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

RT-- Major accomplishment to keep us photo hounds at bay 'til page four.
'Nuff said.
I am not one to read long emails but this post is one I read every word. Loved it!

Now, where are the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by niche

+1

Originally Posted by ilko

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

Normally at this point I'd pester you for pics but your post gets you a pass.....for now. Great stuff.
Rock-- Greetings from CO; been to UT many times & always found it beautiful.
I'm still a hack at climbing, though. I've rappeled off cliffs & from a helicopter, plus jumped out of planes, but that's been a couple years. However, just yesterday I was on the zip lines, etc., of a college ropes course, 70' foot vertical obstacles, climbing wall & all. As far as I know, I may have used some of your products.

Originally Posted by utahrock

I design products for a living and I like good design.
So do those who trust their lives to your designs!
I dig your company's work, & the outdoors out-west lifestyle. Welcome!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
BlackCarrera
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You seem stuck on a fence, in conflict with yourself, and in that you try to make company in your misery. Buy a a freaking Ferrari dude and warm the cuckholds of the Ferrari boards. Why don't you?
Hmm both of you do have good points this is a Porsche enthusiast board, and not Ferrari. That being said quad didn't come left field with the Ferrari comments, he actually stayed on topic of the thread. Granted it wasn't a stance that we all agree with, it is his taste and opinion and he stayed on topic. Me personally I don't see anything wrong with it...even though my post count is low, I'm a serious serious lurker over here...

Quad your comparison of the women I disagree with too, me personally I'd go with the librarian looking chick, leaves more to the imagination. lol

As beautiful as Pininfarina made those cars, and as fun as Ferrari built them, Porsche takes the cake. I love the 288GTO and F40, but Porsche doesn't forget what they're building. Constantly evolving a timeless shape and keeping it at essence a car, not a somewhat capable fashion accessory

Eh.....Broken record lol We need an Update Utah! Please......
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,385 Likes on 804 Posts

Honestly, If you want to constantly pick a fight with a bunch of Porsche lovers, trying to convince them a Ferrari or some other car is more visually pleasing, or more fun to drive, or for the 1%'ers. Go for it, it's your time your wasting.

I wouldn't go on the Ferrari, Ford-GT, Lambo board telling them how their cars are sub-par to the Porsche. #1 because they don't believe me, #2 they don't care. It has nothing to do with not wanting to warm the cuckholds of Ferrari lovers. The only reason why I would do it is to be difficult, not different. That's my point, you're just being difficult. In reality you think your being insightful, non-conformer, sharing higher power grandiose thinking.

It's too bad, because I enjoy reading your technical posts and have learned alot from them. To bad the ignore button can't separate the two.
lets not ruin this thread. If you'd like to put me on ignore, that is your call and I take no offense. If you have a technical question you think I may be able to help with, just send a pm.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...it's a totally subjective topic, right? Reddy Kilowatt
Indeed. What's "more" beautiful, an XK-E, or a Ghibli?

As for owning a Ferrari, the way I analyze it, is: would I have one if I had a net worth of, say, 50 mil? And if I have to analyze it that way, the answer suggests itself.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM
s2racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

wow ..sorry i'm late to this. what a great and fun story. looking forward to more details.

marc
Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Anyway, out of all of those red cars, sorry, but it has to be the f*cking F40!!!!! Drool city, here comes the tsunami.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:09 AM
utahrock
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
This reminds me of the story I saw on CNN a few weeks ago about a guy writing a book (I think it was in NYC) but posted it for free page by page on telephone poles and around town. People read a new page every day and were loving it.

Great story so far... is that red 993 TT in your avatar the one you bought?

And, are you a writer? If not, you should be.
Thank you very much, but, I'm only a writer on the amateur level. While I would love to write a book, they have so many darn pages that it's always seemed like a rather daunting task. But now you've given me an idea. The one-page-at-a-time-thing, with the attendant near-instant gratification might be the one way I could make myself do it...

And yes, the Turbo in my avatar is the one I just bought.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 AM
utahrock
Instructor

Originally Posted by flatsixforme
Great story as others have said! Can I make a special request...when you post pictures of the car can you throw some in of the hot blonde too I'll use my imagination from there with the unspeakable things you speak of
I relayed your request to the hot blonde. She was flattered, but blushed as red as my new 993.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 AM
utahrock
Instructor

Originally Posted by Don Magee
From one (former) Utoid to another, well done.
Try the Big Cottonwood canyon road, too.
Yes, an awesome road. In college I arranged winter classes to be done by noon so I could ski and I'd tear up that canyon to Brighton or Solitude in my 914. Back in those less crowded days, I could usually go the distance with only three or four cars in my way... and even with the anemic power of the 914 I could usually pass them. Seems to be a little easier in the Turbo.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 AM
utahrock
Instructor

Originally Posted by pstraub
Wow, what a bunch of horny bastards in this crowd! A guy mentions doing Stevie Nicks and a couple of hot blonde references and all of a sudden he is freakin' William Shakespeare. OK....I enjoyed it too. Thanks for posting, Utah....welcome to 993 group therapy
But hey, I want you to know that I'm totally opposed to gratuitous sex. I'd only bring it up if it's an integral part of the story. Fortunately this seems to often be the case...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:58 AM
utahrock
Instructor

Originally Posted by curve lover
Rock-- Greetings from CO; been to UT many times & always found it beautiful.
I'm still a hack at climbing, though. I've rappeled off cliffs & from a helicopter, plus jumped out of planes, but that's been a couple years. However, just yesterday I was on the zip lines, etc., of a college ropes course, 70' foot vertical obstacles, climbing wall & all. As far as I know, I may have used some of your products.
Very cool. You probably did use some of the gear we make. Besides our own brand, we make stuff for some other big companies. And it's all made in Utah, which often surprises people who think everything is made in Asia these days. Contrary to popular belief, manufacturing in the USA isn't dead, yet. In fact, we've sold about 100 of our most expensive product (the Vortex rescue tripod) to China in the last several years.

We use a raw forging from Italy in a product we make for another company. It's produced by the same forging company that makes a lot of Ferrari parts. I tired to talk them into saving just one part for me from every run and smuggling it to us so I could eventually put a whole car together. Sadly, they weren't up to the task.

We've got a great distributor in Germany. When I told him I was looking for a Porsche, he bombarded me with offers to find one in Germany and send it to me. But they are wicked expensive there and everything he quoted was out of sight.

So if you, or any other Rennlister ever need some personal gear, contact me directly and we'll give you the special Porsche owners discount. Being in the outdoor industry, just don't tell my Green friends I didn't buy a Prius!

Quick Reply: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Ferrari and Love the 993