Sponsored by:

One owner Pastel Yellow Targa on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Doink
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
That being said. It's a pretty car. There, I said it. Pretty. I like pretty. Nothing wrong with a pretty car.
Love pastel yellow on a 993.

Do we need some sort of club for PY fans ? Maybe a self help group ?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it would be hard to find a '95 Targa because AFAIK they weren't made until '96. When I was looking for a Targa I was told that most of the very late cars were Tips so if you wanted a late 6 speed it could cost more. Otherwise I think the differences year to year are almost nil. His price seems high to me (I paid less for a car with a lot fewer miles) but the Targa market is thin - not that many good cars or buyers. The pool of pristine low mile Targas is getting smaller so if someone wants this car he/she will be hard to find another like it. That said, most Targa owners would conceed that if we were pressed to sell in a hurry the bidside would be way below this offering, even for an equally nice car. I think the answer to the question of whether Targas trade at a premium or not depends upon the urgency/patience of the seller or buyer. In its day the Targa was about an $8,000 "option" so there weren't a lot made. Maybe that's why so many of us plan on keeping our Targas almost forever. If you like them there just is no substitute.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Doink
Love pastel yellow on a 993.

Do we need some sort of club for PY fans ? Maybe a self help group ?
It's the only yellow car I have ever owned. Always disliked yellow in cars. This color, in person, is just about perfect for the body style, IMO. No therapy required. My goal is to see what a 991 in Riviera Blue looks like next to it in a couple years.
Last time I looked, bidding was stuck around $35K...
Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Last time I looked, bidding was stuck around $35K...
Yup. And if he'd take anywhere near that I probably would have been on a plane out there already. This is the first car I've come across since I bought and modded mine that has made me want to sell mine and start over, knowing that I'd take a beating on all of the mods.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Yup. And if he'd take anywhere near that I probably would have been on a plane out there already. This is the first car I've come across since I bought and modded mine that has made me want to sell mine and start over, knowing that I'd take a beating on all of the mods.

Yellow fever! It's contagious.

Quick Reply: One owner Pastel Yellow Targa on ebay