shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Will this work with a turbo wing?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will take it. Presume it works with turboII wing.
Paypal address, please.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

d*mn, I have a new one coming from Sunset this week...

Shadow - it's actually a part from the Turbo

Matt - how much needs to be trimmed to fit with an RS wing ? I will be installing a GT3TEK wing with new top plastic grille, I wasn't aware I might have to trim some of the top of the trumpet...

THANKS
Old 04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Guys, responding to PMs as fast as possible. Waiting to hear from the first guy who was interested.

Half the top edge was trimmed a few mms to allow clearance for an RSCS wing, so I can't really comment on other wing designs .
Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2
Matt - how much needs to be trimmed to fit with an RS wing ? I will be installing a GT3TEK wing with new top plastic grille, I wasn't aware I might have to trim some of the top of the trumpet...

THANKS
Not necessarily anything.

I have this scoop and RS wing and didn't have to trim anything, it's close but that's what you want and if it very slightly touches, won't be a problem.

If in any case you do have to trim it, it will be very easy, just have some sharp carpet knife or strong scissors available.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile

"Matt - how much needs to be trimmed to fit with an RS wing ? I will be installing a GT3TEK wing with new top plastic grille, I wasn't aware I might have to trim some of the top of the trumpet..."

I ran a 993 RS wing from Getty Design, a perfect fit, no trimming required.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:08 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the trim answers guys, hopefully no trimming required at all, even if sounds easy.
I do have another question for you RS wing types, posted in a different thread but didn't get any answers....
Does my motorsound airbox lid let in enough 'warm air' from the engine compartment to counteract what slightly cooler air this turbo trumpet will be pulling in from outside the wing ? Is it worth even thinking about ?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the trim answers guys, hopefully no trimming required at all, even if sounds easy.
I do have another question for you RS wing types, posted in a different thread but didn't get any answers....
Does my motorsound airbox lid let in enough 'warm air' from the engine compartment to counteract what slightly cooler air this turbo trumpet will be pulling in from outside the wing ? Is it worth even thinking about ?
That's the point of the trumpet - to get cooler air to the intake. Cooler air is more dense than warm air - the denser the air the better the combustion. That's why the tuner market is over run with "cold air intake" contraptions.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by firesm
That's the point of the trumpet - to get cooler air to the intake. Cooler air is more dense than warm air - the denser the air the better the combustion. That's why the tuner market is over run with "cold air intake" contraptions.
Yes, I get that, that's why for switching to the RS wing I ordered the trumpet, BUT is it worth the trouble to remove my motorsound airbox cover and go back to stock ? (only air entering the airbox is from the trumpet, no more air from the motorsound cover)

I'd have to purchase a non-motorsound airbox cover so there's cost involved. Is that cost involved worth the trouble?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I get that, that's why for switching to the RS wing I ordered the trumpet, BUT is it worth the trouble to remove my motorsound airbox cover and go back to stock ? (only air entering the airbox is from the trumpet, no more air from the motorsound cover)

I'd have to purchase a non-motorsound airbox cover so there's cost involved. Is that cost involved worth the trouble?
Ah - I get what you're saying now - I thought you were worried you weren't going to be getting enough warm air... So in answer to your question, now that I've had my reading comprehension problem corrected, I don't think it will make any difference - I've got a motorsound airbox, a soon to be installed RS wing, and I'll be installing the trumpet. Just my $0.02.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Trumpet sold to Steve (^) pending payment. First PM received
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile Don't buy a new air box...

Just put black duct tape over the Motorsound holes...cheap fix, and only you will know the tape is there.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Trumpet sold to Steve (^) pending payment. First PM received
Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Bob D.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Same Part for Sale

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I have the identical part, ##993.110.360.51, for sale if anyone is interested.

I bought it for a '98 C2 S I sold several years ago, but never ended up using it. I bought it over the last winter before I sold the car, put it up on a closet shelf while the car was still in winter storage, then completely forgot about it until stumbling upon it a few days ago.

Since I never installed it it's in excellent condition, although it probably needs some 303 or Armor All or the like if you are the concours type.

The prices I found online for this part were around $80, so I'm pricing it at $50--including all shipping. Please post here or PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: FS: 993RS airbox intake trumpet