Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voltmeter 12 V LCD gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 12:41 PM
outrun.
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The ashtray solution shown above with the matching display color looks nice.

I‘m using a bluetooth voltmeter installed on the battery. It‘s invisible, has graphs like voltage over time etc on the app and can be checked from outside the car too.

Last edited by outrun.; 06-04-2023 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:52 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,025 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by rlme36
appreciate the depth of knowledge on it. My use case is to alert if < 13V start looking for charging system issues. What would be cool is to figure out a way to have that in the factory LCD display,
We make a simple Bluetooth Product that has a couple very cool features, and for your use case might be a great option due to its ease of use and actually 24hour 30days of tracking battery voltage as well as giving you the real time voltage. It will also test your alternator for basic charging as well as test the voltage drop when you start your car which is a simple data point to see if you battery is strong.

Its called the "Battery Tracker", and made by Antigravity Batteries. Installation takes about a minute and is as simple as loosening your battery clamp bolt, and sliding in the Battery Trackers terminals behind the loosened bolt and tightening. No need to discounnect the battery or do anything more than loosen and tighten the bolt on the clamps. Then put the app on your phone and then it will give you real-time voltage and a history of voltage up to 30 days. It can also send you warning in your notifications on your phone.

You can see it here> https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...ker-lead-acid/

Video below.....

Old 06-10-2023, 05:28 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
We make a simple Bluetooth Product that has a couple very cool features...
I have a few of those BM2 voltage monitors available on Amazon and ebay. The problem is they run on Bluetooth and a piddly 30 feet of unobstructed range. I bought them so that I can monitor my vehicle battery voltages from my home where cars are parked in my driveway or in my garage. Well talk about totally useless unless I am pretty well standing next to the vehicle. Also, some of us are not glued to our phones. I prefer a gauge in my car.

And why does the silly App need a "location" for improved accuracy for it to work? BS like that pi$$es me off. Taking a voltage reading has nothing to do with where I am on planet earth. LOL

Last edited by IXLR8; 06-10-2023 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Voltmeter 12 V LCD gauge