Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front hub/carrier/bearing questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great post. Learn something new everyday...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Neil (nsully) & I are in the middle of attempting the front wheel bearing removal and are hitting a brick wall. With the hub bolt removed, the hub refuses to walk out, even with vigorous tapping on the rear of the lug bolts.

Thus, I'd like to see if anyone has the 'horseshoe' portion of the EBS/SIR Tools, tool. I would gladly pay shipping both ways.

Andreas
Old 05-02-2011, 09:58 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 720 Likes on 433 Posts

Since Mongrelcat posted that picture of the hub in the freezer in post #8, I have a completely unrelated question. Does the entire length of the knurled part of the wheel stud engage the stud hole in the hub? Does the hole for the stud taper slightly or change inside diameter slightly?

The reason I ask is because the knurled section on the longer studs that came with an H&R wheel spacer kit is about half the length of that of the OEM studs (about 5/16" vs 5/8"), which isn't long enough to engage the hub, so they hang a little loose and spin. On close inspection of the OEM studs, I can clearly see that only about half of the knurled section is engaging the hub hole while the other half closest to the head has no shiny-ness from engaging the hub hole.

I hope I've explained this sorta clearly. A picture would say a thousand words, but l can't do that right now.

Sorry for the highjack. The picture of the hub was an opportune time to ask.

Quick Reply: Front hub/carrier/bearing questions