Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Chevron Techron Concentrate 12 OZ $3.99 Hurry

Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Rdelvalle
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Chevron Techron Concentrate 12 OZ $3.99 Hurry

Chevron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner 12 oz. on sale at Advance Auto Parts. You get two 12 oz for $7.99, that is $3.99 per bottle of 12 oz. I thought I pass it on. I bought 4 bottles.
Instructions; Go to Advance Auto Parts website. Log in and search for the Techron 12 oz. place it in the shopping cart, you need to check 2 for the quantity. Proceed to check out. It will discount the second one when you check out. I then went out and came back to the site and repeated the same operation to buy the second set of two. Make sure you print the order if you are picking it up. You need the order number. Do not miss this sale is a great price for the Techron ($3.99/12 oz). I hope this helps other 993 friends

1997 Cab, Arctic Silver, Targa Wheels

Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts

very good but- but you need to time it just before oil change.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought 8 bottles. Thanks so much for posting this!

Damien
Old 03-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
fwiw, here's an email from Chevron:

Thank you for the inquiry. There is no need to change your vehicles oil after using the Techron Concentrate Plus (TCP). However, Chevron does recommend that you use no more than 5 treatments of the TCP per oil change.

With the use of the TCP there is a concentration of the product in your gas tank which is at least 10 times higher than what is in the gasoline itself. This higher dosage might create the chance that some of the product will manage to get into the oil crankcase and react with certain oil additives therein or dilute the oil itself. This is the main reason for the limitation of use - customers would not want to "overdose" and cause an unsatisfactory amount of the product to be diluting the oil. The directions for use are such that any dilution that might occur would not be a problem.

Again, It makes no difference if you add the Techron Concentrate before or after the oil change.

Regards,
Chevron Fuels Technical Services
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Canyon56, great reply and post. My Porsche indy mechanic told me the same thing. The oil change talk is a myth that seems to gain momentum every year.
OP, I took advantage of the Techron sale too. Can't beat that price.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wish we could buy it here in canada at that price...
Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up 4 bottles. They've also got a pretty good deal on Mobil One full synthetic oil and filter combo which I use in my F-150. Works out to $32.99 for 5 quarts and a Mobil One filter which is a $21 savings off the normal price.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
I agree.

Originally Posted by Canyon56
fwiw, here's an email from Chevron:

Thank you for the inquiry. There is no need to change your vehicles oil after using the Techron Concentrate Plus (TCP). However, Chevron does recommend that you use no more than 5 treatments of the TCP per oil change.

With the use of the TCP there is a concentration of the product in your gas tank which is at least 10 times higher than what is in the gasoline itself. This higher dosage might create the chance that some of the product will manage to get into the oil crankcase and react with certain oil additives therein or dilute the oil itself. This is the main reason for the limitation of use - customers would not want to "overdose" and cause an unsatisfactory amount of the product to be diluting the oil. The directions for use are such that any dilution that might occur would not be a problem.

Again, It makes no difference if you add the Techron Concentrate before or after the oil change.

Regards,
Chevron Fuels Technical Services
Even Chevron agrees and confirms the TCP gets into the oil supply. Albeit a very low amount.

Originally Posted by 95 NC 993
Canyon56, great reply and post. My Porsche indy mechanic told me the same thing. The oil change talk is a myth that seems to gain momentum every year.
OP, I took advantage of the Techron sale too. Can't beat that price.
Smart & oil knowledgable people like Charles Navarro recommend changing the oil after the use of a product like this.

Given you have the choice to use the Techron either before or after an oil change, why not do it just before you are about to change your oil, and error on the side of caution?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

Forgive the ignorance but what is the benefit of this product?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trophy
wish we could buy it here in canada at that price...
FWIW, maple syrup is like $10 per pint here. Keep that trade-off in mind when you're enjoying your cheap pancake breakfast.

How does US $11.99 plus 8.25% sales tax plus .72 redemption value for a 12 pack of Molson compare to your domestic price?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Raleigh993
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it a web only price?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ginch
Forgive the ignorance but what is the benefit of this product?
This product is intended for cleaning injectors and removing the soft carbon buildups on the back of the intake valves.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:53 PM
pcst
Racer

thought Costco sells them really really cheap with the coupon, I bought few cases about a year ago.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude
FWIW, maple syrup is like $10 per pint here. Keep that trade-off in mind when you're enjoying your cheap pancake breakfast.

How does US $11.99 plus 8.25% sales tax plus .72 redemption value for a 12 pack of Molson compare to your domestic price?
If I drank the Canadian Beer I would probably be able to tell you the price difference, I suspect we are more expensive than that..
Old 03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Raleigh993
Is it a web only price?
I don't see it listed on either of their online flyers.

BTW, their online order and pickup worked flawlessly for me. Walked in and showed them the printout of my order, they turned around and grabbed a couple bags with my stuff, logged on the computer and printed out my receipt and I was out the door. Took all of about 2 minutes. I'm not used to things going that smooth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chevron Techron Concentrate 12 OZ $3.99 Hurry