Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Chevron Techron Concentrate 12 OZ $3.99 Hurry (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/624883-chevron-techron-concentrate-12-oz-3-99-hurry.html)

Rdelvalle 03-29-2011 08:42 PM

Chevron Techron Concentrate 12 OZ $3.99 Hurry

Chevron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner 12 oz. on sale at Advance Auto Parts. You get two 12 oz for $7.99, that is $3.99 per bottle of 12 oz. I thought I pass it on. I bought 4 bottles.
Instructions; Go to Advance Auto Parts website. Log in and search for the Techron 12 oz. place it in the shopping cart, you need to check 2 for the quantity. Proceed to check out. It will discount the second one when you check out. I then went out and came back to the site and repeated the same operation to buy the second set of two. Make sure you print the order if you are picking it up. You need the order number. Do not miss this sale is a great price for the Techron ($3.99/12 oz). I hope this helps other 993 friends

1997 Cab, Arctic Silver, Targa Wheels

https://i756.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1301441212

RDS928S 03-29-2011 08:56 PM

very good but- but you need to time it just before oil change.

Damien Lewis 03-29-2011 09:00 PM

Just bought 8 bottles. Thanks so much for posting this!

Damien

Canyon56 03-30-2011 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by RDS928S (Post 8427059)

fwiw, here's an email from Chevron:

Thank you for the inquiry. There is no need to change your vehicles oil after using the Techron Concentrate Plus (TCP). However, Chevron does recommend that you use no more than 5 treatments of the TCP per oil change.

With the use of the TCP there is a concentration of the product in your gas tank which is at least 10 times higher than what is in the gasoline itself. This higher dosage might create the chance that some of the product will manage to get into the oil crankcase and react with certain oil additives therein or dilute the oil itself. This is the main reason for the limitation of use - customers would not want to "overdose" and cause an unsatisfactory amount of the product to be diluting the oil. The directions for use are such that any dilution that might occur would not be a problem.

Again, It makes no difference if you add the Techron Concentrate before or after the oil change.

Regards,
Chevron Fuels Technical Services

95 NC 993 03-30-2011 12:12 PM

Canyon56, great reply and post. My Porsche indy mechanic told me the same thing. The oil change talk is a myth that seems to gain momentum every year.
OP, I took advantage of the Techron sale too. Can't beat that price.

trophy 03-30-2011 01:08 PM

wish we could buy it here in canada at that price...

Cincy_Ron 03-30-2011 01:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up 4 bottles. They've also got a pretty good deal on Mobil One full synthetic oil and filter combo which I use in my F-150. Works out to $32.99 for 5 quarts and a Mobil One filter which is a $21 savings off the normal price.

No HTwo O 03-30-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by RDS928S (Post 8427059)

I agree.

Originally Posted by Canyon56 (Post 8427507)
fwiw, here's an email from Chevron:

Thank you for the inquiry. There is no need to change your vehicles oil after using the Techron Concentrate Plus (TCP). However, Chevron does recommend that you use no more than 5 treatments of the TCP per oil change.

With the use of the TCP there is a concentration of the product in your gas tank which is at least 10 times higher than what is in the gasoline itself. This higher dosage might create the chance that some of the product will manage to get into the oil crankcase and react with certain oil additives therein or dilute the oil itself. This is the main reason for the limitation of use - customers would not want to "overdose" and cause an unsatisfactory amount of the product to be diluting the oil. The directions for use are such that any dilution that might occur would not be a problem.

Again, It makes no difference if you add the Techron Concentrate before or after the oil change.

Regards,
Chevron Fuels Technical Services

Even Chevron agrees and confirms the TCP gets into the oil supply. Albeit a very low amount.

Originally Posted by 95 NC 993 (Post 8428360)
Canyon56, great reply and post. My Porsche indy mechanic told me the same thing. The oil change talk is a myth that seems to gain momentum every year.
OP, I took advantage of the Techron sale too. Can't beat that price.

Smart & oil knowledgable people like Charles Navarro recommend changing the oil after the use of a product like this.

Given you have the choice to use the Techron either before or after an oil change, why not do it just before you are about to change your oil, and error on the side of caution?

ginch 03-30-2011 02:01 PM

Forgive the ignorance but what is the benefit of this product?

dcdude 03-30-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by trophy (Post 8428533)
wish we could buy it here in canada at that price...

FWIW, maple syrup is like $10 per pint here. Keep that trade-off in mind when you're enjoying your cheap pancake breakfast. ;)

How does US $11.99 plus 8.25% sales tax plus .72 redemption value for a 12 pack of Molson compare to your domestic price?

Raleigh993 03-30-2011 03:07 PM

Is it a web only price?

Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems 03-30-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by ginch (Post 8428697)
Forgive the ignorance but what is the benefit of this product?

This product is intended for cleaning injectors and removing the soft carbon buildups on the back of the intake valves.

pcst 03-30-2011 03:53 PM

thought Costco sells them really really cheap with the coupon, I bought few cases about a year ago.

trophy 03-30-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by dcdude (Post 8428762)
FWIW, maple syrup is like $10 per pint here. Keep that trade-off in mind when you're enjoying your cheap pancake breakfast. ;)

How does US $11.99 plus 8.25% sales tax plus .72 redemption value for a 12 pack of Molson compare to your domestic price?

If I drank the Canadian Beer I would probably be able to tell you the price difference, I suspect we are more expensive than that..

Cincy_Ron 03-30-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Raleigh993 (Post 8428914)
Is it a web only price?

I don't see it listed on either of their online flyers.

BTW, their online order and pickup worked flawlessly for me. Walked in and showed them the printout of my order, they turned around and grabbed a couple bags with my stuff, logged on the computer and printed out my receipt and I was out the door. Took all of about 2 minutes. I'm not used to things going that smooth.