Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this Sport Seat in Marble Grey or Classic Grey ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the classic grey sport seats in my car and belive that the sport seats on Ebay looks much lighter than the ones I have. It could be the lighting. Ask the seller to check if there is any factory code that says what colour shade the seats has.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:52 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert993TT
I have the classic grey sport seats in my car and belive that the sport seats on Ebay looks much lighter than the ones I have. It could be the lighting. Ask the seller to check if there is any factory code that says what colour shade the seats has.
The seats in my avatar are classic grey as well...FWIW
Old 03-23-2011, 04:57 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Deriffic
Shipping is the biggest issue for dealing such big bulky items.

3,000EUR ($4,500) is a lot of cash nowaday.
Well, I have a pair of what he wants for sale. Much-much less than 3K Euro even with shipping. Maybe mention it to the seller and see if he wants to do anything?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 PM
TxnBluDvl
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have classic grey HB seats as well and they look darker -- more like deadhead's, even when not in the sun.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The ones in my picture are Classic Grey...
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not sure if this helps but these are mine in various light. They are really hard to photograph. In peersn they look darkert than by camera because they are fairy new and the leather reflects the light. The second picture show classic gey vinyl tunnel, gear gaitor and handbrake in leather as well as seat base. The handbrake etc all show colour more like it is in real life.

My gut feel is you are looking at classic grey but two of the closer up pictures make me feel it could be lighter like marble.

Heck for 3000 Euro you can have my ones with shield and heating but they have midnight blue backs....

M
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Deriffic
Advanced

Originally Posted by nile13
Well, I have a pair of what he wants for sale. Much-much less than 3K Euro even with shipping. Maybe mention it to the seller and see if he wants to do anything?
I will ask him and see what he says.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Deriffic
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macca
Not sure if this helps but these are mine in various light. They are really hard to photograph. In peersn they look darkert than by camera because they are fairy new and the leather reflects the light. The second picture show classic gey vinyl tunnel, gear gaitor and handbrake in leather as well as seat base. The handbrake etc all show colour more like it is in real life.

My gut feel is you are looking at classic grey but two of the closer up pictures make me feel it could be lighter like marble.

Heck for 3000 Euro you can have my ones with shield and heating but they have midnight blue backs....

M
If yours have arena red backs, I will buy them off from you instead. Thanks for help.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Deriffic, if you decide to purchase any seats, and have them shipped, DON'T have them packaged up in one box in the 69 position. This is not the best & safest. It may be cheaper, but you risk damage. Good luck.

A wardrobe box can work very well for some seats for shipping.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Deriffic
Advanced

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Deriffic, if you decide to purchase any seats, and have them shipped, DON'T have them packaged up in one box in the 69 position. This is not the best & safest. It may be cheaper, but you risk damage. Good luck.

A wardrobe box can work very well for some seats for shipping.
Indeed. Thanks for advice.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

IMHO, those seats are definitely Classic Grey. Here's a picture of Marble Grey with a Classic Grey vinyl dash and door caps. In many lights, Classic Grey can have a 'purplish' hue to it and is MUCH darker than Marble grey. Marble is almost white (like marble tile).
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Hi Mike,

could you send me a PM with some pictures and price about your har-back seats?

thanks in advance!

Arpad
Old 03-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Deriffic
Advanced

Originally Posted by JPP
IMHO, those seats are definitely Classic Grey. Here's a picture of Marble Grey with a Classic Grey vinyl dash and door caps. In many lights, Classic Grey can have a 'purplish' hue to it and is MUCH darker than Marble grey. Marble is almost white (like marble tile).
I still think those seats are classic grey and not marble grey. Unless there are some other "grey" which I am not aware of (such as rubicorn grey).
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
I think it's actually Rubicon Gray. It looks purplish. Classic does not. At least in the grays I've seen laying next to each other and identified as Rubicon and Classic (than again, it's really confusing with interior colors).
Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RP993
Hi Mike,

could you send me a PM with some pictures and price about your har-back seats?

thanks in advance!

Arpad
Arpad, they are regular 997 seats, not hard backs.

Quick Reply: Is this Sport Seat in Marble Grey or Classic Grey ?