Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 993!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Spidey 993

Agreed. I've been quoted the same from Darin and my local wrench for the install. Something else had to be in that 5k number Evan.

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
As the seller of this 993 to the OP, I suggested he go with Bilstein HD's and ROW M033 springs. This was a recommendation of Darin at FD Motorsports to me, who sells the set for $1,650. Any comments on this setup (no track and to be used as a DD) and do the shops mentioned (Marque, Stuttgart and Rennsport) work with parts purchased elsewhere?

Also, I'm thinking a suspension install should be around $1,000; 4 hrs. labor, corner balance and alignment so not sure how Evan got the $5k figure!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:50 PM
trestlenewport

Originally Posted by evansystems
Several weeks ago I purchased a super sweet 993 from Rennlister deadhead and i gotta tell you guys I am very happy with this car! Its my 3rd 993, I had a 95 and a 96 previously, this one is a 96, white on black, and of the three its turning out to be my favorite thus far, so I am stoked and wanted to share the happiness!
I found the car here on this site and as the seller and I were entering into negotiations I was made aware of some negative threads that were questioning his integrity, some of what was said was not pretty and it nearly caused me to back out of the deal. Fortunately though there were enough Rennlisters that actually KNEW the seller and vouched for him. So, after a solid PPI with excellent compression/leakdown numbers plus a Rennfax (thanks again Barry!) I decided to trust my gut, the numbers, the PPIs, and am glad I did!
Already bought new mats, K&N air filter, new tires (Conti ExtremeContacts) and have waxed it, twice! Sounds like love? ;-)

I'm planning to upgrade the suspension with some fresh Bilstein HDs which is exciting! I've been reading up here some of your previous threads on this and other subjects, all very helpful.

I live in Portland Oregon and just outside the city we have some nice twisties which is where I love to be. Sometimes the sun even comes out (albeit not often this is Oregon) and when it does I promise to update with some new pics! For now this pic was taken by the seller and again, I am glad I didn't listen to all the naysayers out there, this car is, well you guys know, its a 993!

Also, does anyone live here in Portland if so any suggestions on a good Independent mechanic that knows these cars? I've been using Heckman Theimann and they are good enough however it seems I've been overpaying and am finally looking to switch. Thanks!
how rare are white 993? Can i ask what you paid for it?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For suspension, I went with PSS 10's. Had them installed at German Master Tech in Bend.

Very happy, and a lot less than $5k!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hey Evan, I knew you were going to be happy

Happy to have helped out a fellow motorhead with the rennfax.
I was also skeptical about deadhead after reading all the keyboard cowboy remarks, but it turned out to be the exact opposite.
He was gracious, seemed honest, and very Porsche savvy, I got nothing but good vibes about him and the car.
Your lucky I already have 2 P-cars and 3 kids or I would have grabbed it myself
You owe me a meal if I ever get out your way.
Drive safe
Barry
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 AM
mrsystems
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will do Barry, i'd be glad to buy you a meal, or a Rennfax perhaps one of these days? As we know it never ends...;-)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great color combination! One suggestion, return the K&N filter and replace with original paper filter. Enjoy your new toy. Mike
Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations. Welcome to the Madness!!

And yes, lower that baby soon!!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grand Prix White, nice!

Quick Reply: New 993!