Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona SW install - horn connection?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Daytona SW install - horn connection?

My mechanic has the Raid Daytona SW installed, but is unclear on the wiring for the horn buttons. No instructions came with the wheel (just air bag connectors).

Can anyone explain how the horn should be wired up? Stab in the dark, but anyone actually have photos of their install or what to look for?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Matt
Old 03-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Going from (lousy) memory here but IIRC you need to think of the horn as now being 2 buttons, one on each side of the wheel at the spokes. The orig wheel had effectively 1 button so when you look at it that way it becomes clear. There is a small black junction block in the new steering wheel hub, there are (I think) 4 wires coming from the buttons (2 from each), those will plug into the block. You will notice there are different sizes of terminals, match the lugs to the terminals and you're good to go.

Hope this helps. Yes, it was annoying there are no instructions but when you think about it it is pretty simple.

Edit: just found my pics of my Raid steering wheel install but unfortunately none show the junction block on the back, sorry.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 03-15-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Here is a close up photo of a wheel I just removed. Perhaps it will help.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Thanks for posting guys. Just to reconcile the text to the picture, are the 2 left wires and 2 right wires ALL plugged into the junction box? Just trying to visualize, as I don't have the wheel in front of me.

Best regards,

Matt
Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Thanks for posting guys. Just to reconcile the text to the picture, are the 2 left wires and 2 right wires ALL plugged into the junction box? Just trying to visualize, as I don't have the wheel in front of me.

Best regards,

Matt
Yes. Those are the horn wires. Then, there are two wires from the junction box. One goes to the ground and the other to the wire loop. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Daytona SW install - horn connection?