Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Need a full size SUV (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not keep the ridgeline? That thing gets lousy mileage already but fits 5 people.. The minivan likely only slightly better mileage, no?

We have a toyota Sienna AWD van and while ok in the snow, it would depend how "off road" you wanted to go or need to go to get to your Pocono's home.

i too wonder how much genuine FULL SIZE SUV folks actually need.

You mention that the wife doesn't "drive much", but would you notice or grow to hate the 10-14mpg of a full size suv vs the 19-20 that the van currently gets?

Maybe a more 'mid size' say, Durango, Cherokee, Explorer would work just as well?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Targajack
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUV

We sold the X5 last year, not enough cargo space with 3 kids. Then I bought a Nissan Pathfinder LE, for the 3 kids + friends occasionnaly, and once a year on the coast of Maine, it's perfect for us. We have a enclosed trailor for the bikes and the baby's gear. + on my own opinion it's one of the best 4x4 system I have seen. ( Jeep-BMW-Chevy-Ford). Up here, we have heavy winter conditions + alot of backcountry activities on summertime can't ask for more. One detail it's a veal.

TY
Old 03-08-2011, 03:22 AM
jhubs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you really want a perfect full sized SUV, I would recommend the Ford Expedition. This is a serious full size SUV and is THE toughest SUV out there. I purchased ours in 1998 and it has 141,000 miles on it. I have had 2 new sets of tires, one new set of brakes, new ball joints (front) and 2 batteries in 12 years... oh, and a new radio. This F-150 chassis and 5.4 liter V-8 with AWD, 4WDLow, 4WDHigh and 2 wheel rear drive has performed in ALL Colorado conditions and weather. The newer Expeditions are lower and wider than ours and are much more stable in turns. You should be able to pick up a 3-5 year old one for a good price. I change oil once a year and transmission fluid every 3 years. I will not part with this SUV. I have a 2007 Honda Pilot and when we want comfortable, reliable travel with lots of room for luggage and fly fishing gear, we take the Expe.

Quick Reply: OT: Need a full size SUV (I think)