Sponsored by:

Removing 993 shifter boot

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:41 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Wow, I paid just $200 on CL for the shifter and brake combined, both removed early in the car's life in like new condition. I don't even need the brake.

Carnewal does carry a few compatible MY02 shifters http://www.carnewal.com/products/P93...eather-Shifter, and a very reasonably priced Rennsport shifter. http://www.carnewal.com/products/P93...nSport-Shifter
I believe those are the C2S set as opposed to the techquipment but still, thats a great price Fox.

pm incoming on the brake...
Old 11-09-2016, 02:03 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Giving this thread from Ernie a bump. Took less than ten minutes including detailing to remove my old worn shifter and install this new one. Not only was the shifter worn on the outside, the rubber on the inside was breaking down and loose. The new shifter not only looks better, it also feels less vague when shifting gears. This is really an easy upgrade for your 993.

And Ernie, I hope you're enjoying those cashmere seats! All the best, Jim

Use your bare hands to push down on the driver side about 1" from the corners and the boot will push right down past the tension clips.

Pull the old shifter off being careful not to punch yourself in the head. Note the wear line on the shifter and make sure the new shifter extends all the way down to that line

Drop the glove back in one corner at a time like a window screen, press right side up into the groove and then gently pull the left side of the boot up until it secures against the fasteners. Too easy.

Hi Jim,

Just gave those new seats a 2500 mile break-in run from Chicago to Dallas. They are much nicer than my old seats. However, I do miss the 8-way electrics on my old seats. On the positive side, I don't have to deal with faulty seat switches!
Old 10-07-2022, 04:49 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Reviving an old thread for a good reason I am Removing existing and replacing. I have gotten the old boot cover out and flipped it over know. My question is re the fasteners. The fasteners on the passenger side (R, US) and driver's side (L, US) look different with passenger's side maybe being a bit pointy and sharp? How do I avoid damaging the boot cover when putting new one in? Thanks! I read the string above, but would appreciate any further insight.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:13 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Paolo1
Reviving an old thread for a good reason I am Removing existing and replacing. I have gotten the old boot cover out and flipped it over know. My question is re the fasteners. The fasteners on the passenger side (R, US) and driver's side (L, US) look different with passenger's side maybe being a bit pointy and sharp? How do I avoid damaging the boot cover when putting new one in? Thanks! I read the string above, but would appreciate any further insight.
IIRC you insert the passenger side into the recess (4th pic in post before yours) then pull up on the leather inside the metal oval ring to pop it into the drivers side clips.

Quick Reply: Removing 993 shifter boot