Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, my name is Joe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 AM
4Scargo
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi. I am not from around here, but I think I have earned my chair at the table. I used to think that I didn't have a problem, then one thing led to another. Then I found Rennlist, then I built a bigger garage, now I am thinking about a lift.

I want to thank you all for the fellowship and the support I need to....... on the other hand, there is a SC over on Ebay...just one more and I'll quit tomorrow.

What's that river in Africa?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firesm
Look - I come to Rennlist 5-6 times a day (ok, maybe 10) to get my fix - I don't need you killing my buzz talking about all this addiction stuff...I can stop whenever I want... stop trying to tell me how to live my life... so screw you,ok...

Hey man, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, you're right, I've got a problem, I'm going to stop... just going to check the member to member for sale section one more time...and then I'll go...

(Cue the music and a shot of me on the airplane flying out to the rehab center in California)... hey wait a minute, FD Motorsports is in California, right!?...

Words on the screen will say I checked myself out of rehab after two weeks (because they only had dial up internet) and I was last seen buying a fourth set of wheels and tires...

(my apologies to the tv show intervention)
Stopping is for quitters! LOL...I'm all of the above as well. I currentl;y have the following in boxes which arrived this week:

Ultimate pedals (all four) with "turbo" engraved on the dead pedal/footrest, and bumperplugs. I also bought pedals for my M3 and M5 as well as bumper plugs and carbon fiber BMW roundels...somebody stop the madness!!! Ummm, uhhh, wait a minute....okay, nevermind I feel better now. Who am I kidding, I love it!!

Mike, order me a keyhole light set as well and we'll install them together!! I NEEEEEEED one!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:08 AM
993C4RS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(can't type because I'm in a straight jacket)
Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done a few mods (see signature), but I only have 6 extra sets of wheels, and 2 extra sets of seats... but I don't have a problem.
(only because they wife doesn't know about most of it.)
Old 03-03-2011, 04:22 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

i got such a problem with modifications, that i no longer need to make a wish list for my RS.... it has everything you can possible bolt on it except for a bigger displacement.....

Im a partaholic...
Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want...I just choose not to...Man Im hungry
Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 273 Posts

This would be a great thread to hijack & sell some stuff in....
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too late for me. Check the time of day right now and I'm on RL. I'm thankful that I don't track my car - a bike is so much easier and cheaper. Apparently other segments of society are getting help, though: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6443699n

I feel like I've botoxed my ride with so many mods. Thought I had bottomed out, but it turned out to just be a flat spot on the slope and I'm over the edge again. Where can I go for help?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have some version of this illness of which you speak. I finally decided to deal with the stone chips on my hood, so I made arrangements last month with a local paint shop to do some touch ups for me, which then led me to think, hmmmm, maybe this is a good time to add the GT3TEK RS kit, which then led me to think hey, I should do the clear corners now, wheich led me to think, hey, I should just paint the entire car now, which led to......aww, fvck, what just happened here?..........
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, I'm addicted to topless airheads with wide hips and big butts.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi. My name is Tom. I too am a modoholic. My symptoms started when I was 16 but soon took over as I entered the military and had more money than things to do. My condition evolved into Hondamodding from excess exposure to rice. Eventually, after eliminating one wife my condition was full blown and was not only modding my S2000 with forced induction and titanium, but rims, exhaust, motor swaps for my daily drivers as well.

I thought I woudl be able to beat the illness when I sold most of my cars, remarried and moved to a new house with a smaller garage. My plan was to buy a clean low mile 993 and be happy with it...however we all know Porsche people are never satisfied.
My "restoration" soon turned into "modification" and my condition has worsened. There is no known cure as I am now 42 and still cruise the internet late at night after the wife and kids are alseep...loooking for the best and latest updates I can treat my "mistress" to. I have opened a seperate bank account to contribute to under the radar and ship items to my work.
Pitiful I know....
Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
LOL...Can I quote that on my sig?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
So you prefer brazillian women?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
This would be a great thread to hijack & sell some stuff in....
I'll sell you the Cactuswagen for $50K
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

I too am an addict but hide it quite well. My family has not called for an intervention just yet.
The other confession I have is that I have become a "dealer" in the same "drugs" I currently use, so I can drag countless others into my little world and make me feel better about myself.

Quick Reply: Hi, my name is Joe