Batphone Console Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jhummel68
Mike,
That does look good! It is amazing how you find deals on stuff for your car.It must be a zen thing.
Half the battle is the hunt. Now lets get some tuneage in your car and bring it in to the 21st century

Originally Posted by MarinS4
I sold Mike the bat console.

It's amazing how poorly some people address pricing objections. Often the buyer offends the seller so a deal is not struck.

Mike on the other hand was reasonable to work with.
Takes two reasonable people to strike a deal. Pleasure to work with you. Would of bought the CD holder, but no CD player in the car.

Originally Posted by MarkD
that is pretty cool Mike
Nice work!
Thanks. Just waiting on the parts for the interior lighting project. No rush, not looking forward to laying on my back in the floor of the car again.

Originally Posted by Cactus
Someone needs blue stitching on their wheel........
Are you related to a guy named Moffat?

Originally Posted by d-land
Looks good, Mike. Also looks like you were rocking some Evanescence!!!

-David
David, Pandora has opened my musicial taste quite a bit. I am rocking with Staind, Linkin Park, Skillet, Trapt, One Day Too Late, Carbon Leaf, Motely Crue, Van Halen and Metallica. Evanescence is great too. They have a number of good songs. Taking a ride in the TN countryside has never been so much fun. Installing this iPhone was great. I don't even know what a radio station is between the iPod, Sirius and Pandora. I don't have my FM/AM stations preset because I have never had them on.

Mike

Mike
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mike-- Amazing, as always

A couple years ago, I had matching motivations & did a similar Apple install to my phone console, with the charger cord connected almost exactly the same, etc. Electronics weren't as capable then; you've taken it to the next level & done a great job integrating today's technology.

I later removed my audio equipment, but yours looks better surrounded by Rivi Blue, anyway!
Speaking of colors, in the incredibly unlikely chance you ever swap out the silver steering wheel crest to match the gold batphone crest, please consider me first in line.
Originally Posted by Arena993

The right knee room was a worry of mine but the way it is made the consoles widest point is the face. It pulls in as it goes under the dash.
Originally Posted by e3photo

I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowding. I had read where it cramped your legroom, but I didn't find that to be true.
Like Emerald, I'd read others having issues & wondered why, since I still have mine & it's never bothered me or passengers. Thanks for sharing your validating experiences

^^ Photography courtesy & copyright of Daniel J. Whelchel: imagesByDJW.com
Old 03-01-2011, 01:29 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

It's about time!!! Looks great Mike.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 307 Posts

Mike-sweet.

now install front & rear built in radar in that console!!

Rich

Last edited by RDS928S; 03-01-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
It's about time!!! Looks great Mike.
You're right. I have wanted one for years. Now I need a leather boot cover for the top in black. All mods all the time is the car code I live by.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:35 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

I guess I'm the minority as I think it looks awful. It seems to sit slightly crooked and IMO just doesn't flow with the rest of your beautiful interior! Sorry!

Derek
Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 246 Posts

Looks good Mike.

I agree with the suggestion above that you should integrate a V1 display into it; perhaps replace the panel with the crest with the arrow display & counter? There's a guy that conceals the radar display in rear view mirrors.

So, I would imagine that a leather dash, door handles & pocket lids are coming soon too?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 AM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ginch
I guess I'm the minority as I think it looks awful. It seems to sit slightly crooked and IMO just doesn't flow with the rest of your beautiful interior! Sorry!
+1
Old 03-01-2011, 02:51 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Take a look halfway down this post. He made a console that looks very close to this original. Not for a 993, but sure looks like a quality job.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-9...-930-home.html
Old 03-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but I have to agree with Derek. The batphone console just looks big and bulky in our cars.

Quick Reply: Batphone Console Installed