993 Forum 1995-1998

Chronicling Sapphire's previous history

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Chronicling Sapphire's previous history

I've been meaning to do this since I got her in December: I spent much of the afternoon putting all of the previous service records of the car onto a spreadsheet. What a clearer way of looking at her history than simply reading thru a big pile of invoices! It also give a good pattern of mileage laid over the years.

This is how I note all of the work I do on my cars, as it is an easy way to reference history. Nothing new here for many of us, but putting the history of previous owners' work was new to me, and definitely worth the time.

Plus it was a cold crappy and pretty wet day here in San Diego, but at least it is clear for now.

PS-I also spent $1400 on tickets for 4 of us for Concorso Italiano, the Historics race on Saturday and Concours D'Elegance on Sunday during Monterey Car Week this August. Probably winery day on Thursday.

We'll be there from Weds-Monday this year, wives in tow. I either trailer Ruby up, or drive Sapphire. I don't even have to ask my wife which car she'd like to take, so odds are Sapphire gets to run around the peninsula for a few days. My buddy Brad is driving his Cayman out from Texas with his wife JoAnn. Should be fun, and I should start a new thread on this.

Quick Reply: Chronicling Sapphire's previous history