993 Forum 1995-1998

Still on the hunt

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still on the hunt

* i have no affiliation with these , not advertising for them, just want to get some opinions

i'm currently looking for a tiptronic coupe , don't care if its c2 or c2s as long as its tip and its not grey int, preferably dark ext, dont care about high mileage as long as its not too high and well taken care of. ideally in the mid 20k range

so, i came across these...

I see several posting of this c2s tiptronic for salehttp://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
at 64k miles, isn't $35k quite a good deal? assuming it has clean title and good service history and stuff, along with nice carbon fiber trim and S emblem and chrome wheels and whatnot. Anyone know anything about this one.

Another one that i'm also interested in is this 95' c2 http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
everything looks nice. the trim on the seat is sorta interesting... but I though i heard one of you guys said this $ seems a lil high? one thing though, i swear I saw this was at 25k before i actually decide to jump into the market, anyone notice that? or am i just imagining things.

any advice or suggestion is welcome

oh, if these are any Rennlister's car, I would like to know ^_^

thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

That S has been for sale for at least a few months. As you know, Tips aren't as sought after-maybe that is why? Or.....?

I think the '95 is overpriced for that mileage and for being a Tip, which should discount it.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:28 PM
tommyg
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First one seems priced a bit low for an "S" tip, especially with all of the upgrades and then throw on top of that it's a dealer selling it, makes me a little leary. Maybe high thirties would seem more legit. "Alex" seems to post a lot of his cars for sale on Pelican:http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...le-thread.html
The second one is priced way to Pluto for a tip with that many miles. Nice color combo though, especially the red pipeing detail on the seats. Probably should be about $22-$24K IMO if everything checked out. I would suggest a thorough PPI for either if interested. Good luck in your search!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

I've seen this car in person and it looks very nice. Black interior with supple leather, Tip, and originally a US car. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nv...198110128.html
Old 02-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

that C2S doesn't have the rear split grill, but a painted standard grill.

Why was it swapped out? Could one of the PO's have not liked it, maybe an accident ???
Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
That S has been for sale for at least a few months. As you know, Tips aren't as sought after-maybe that is why? Or.....?

I think the '95 is overpriced for that mileage and for being a Tip, which should discount it.
hmm... suspicious if it hasn't been sold for months at that price ._. i understand tip arent as popular, but still, I would think there are plenty non-manual peeps out there that wants a nice 993 ._.

Originally Posted by tommyg
First one seems priced a bit low for an "S" tip, especially with all of the upgrades and then throw on top of that it's a dealer selling it, makes me a little leary. Maybe high thirties would seem more legit. "Alex" seems to post a lot of his cars for sale on Pelican:http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...le-thread.html
The second one is priced way to Pluto for a tip with that many miles. Nice color combo though, especially the red pipeing detail on the seats. Probably should be about $22-$24K IMO if everything checked out. I would suggest a thorough PPI for either if interested. Good luck in your search!
I could never access pelican for no reason . anyway, kbb shows $40k, but as we know kbb is not accurate. I thought these usually tend to be on the high side of kbb's value?
second one should be 22-24k huh? I have yet to see any other one with similar mileage with that price range. but thats good news, cuz thats closer to my budget

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I've seen this car in person and it looks very nice. Black interior with supple leather, Tip, and originally a US car. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nv...198110128.html
if we are talking about the 91k miles being overprice..... as clean as it looks, what makes it call for that price with 105k miles . ^^;; thanks though

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
that C2S doesn't have the rear split grill, but a painted standard grill.

Why was it swapped out? Could one of the PO's have not liked it, maybe an accident ???
oh great observation! I didn't notice that before. Now you got me wondering.
On ebay, this car is posted , and theres a free full history report on it that shows everything is clear . no title issue no accident o.O ... but where comes a swapped grill, thats suspicious.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon
if we are talking about the 91k miles being overprice..... as clean as it looks, what makes it call for that price with 105k miles . ^^;; thanks though

No horse in this race (no affiliation). That is an asking price (FYI, it's been for sale for quite a while) so make of it what you will. Top end has been done (not cheap). I'm sounding like a salesman so I should stop.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Hey guys, sorry to have to bring this thread back up again, but I need to when i'm "still on the hunt" .

So that gray/tan one. I thought 29k quite a bit high too. I emailed that guy and he said he can take reasonable offer thats not too far off..... So what would be a reasonable offer.

I haven't seen enough 91k miles tiptronic so I don't really know, but as some of you have said 22-24? But doesn't that seem "too far off" ... What do you guys think I should offer ( assuming it doesn't have any issue.... will definitely do PPI ! )
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon
Hey guys, sorry to have to bring this thread back up again, but I need to when i'm "still on the hunt" .

So that gray/tan one. I thought 29k quite a bit high too. I emailed that guy and he said he can take reasonable offer thats not too far off..... So what would be a reasonable offer.

I haven't seen enough 91k miles tiptronic so I don't really know, but as some of you have said 22-24? But doesn't that seem "too far off" ... What do you guys think I should offer ( assuming it doesn't have any issue.... will definitely do PPI ! )
hey, my tippy has 85k and is as new!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

If he doesn't like the lower offer, move on. Wish him luck selling in the high $20's.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
hey, my tippy has 85k and is as new!
but it isn't for sale is it? that's the problem I think, not a lot of high mileage owner wanna get rid of their 993 if it is good as new xD

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
If he doesn't like the lower offer, move on. Wish him luck selling in the high $20's.
Ya, that's what I was thinking too, so if he wont take something like 24, I shouldn't waste effort on it and move on. But then, the thing is, move on to what? I have yet to find a mid 20s tiptronic with color i like ... i guess that's when patience plays a role in this hunt huh
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're seriously shopping and buying from POs, I highly recommend you subscribe to Carfax by month until you're done. Will help you wash out a bunch of cars, or at the very least, give you a strong bargaining chip.

I warn you not to make an emotional purchase. If you buy and start driving heavily, expect some things to break. Have a few G's in the bank for unforeseen problems.

Good luck!

Dave
Old 02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Halcyon
Racer

I offered 23k for that one and got rejected. Haha, sort of expected that as it is quite far off from 29k

Dave you got a good point there. But I wonder, how many seller would give in to sell off at a lower price if I pointed out there this and that on the carfax that doesn't look so good.
And I agree with you about emotional purchase, got to pass carfax and ppi at least : )

And I'm also wondering, how much premium would you guys pay for a color that you really really like ?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Carfax may not have much sway, unless there is something major hidden. PPI can be negotiated up front to reflect any major issues that surface. But the owner can always tell you to take a hike if you find $6K worth of issues, then you're out the PPI cost. But, that is cheaper than a $6K or whatever, surprise.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

It ain't all about the color, it is the whole car you're buying. If that works together, then great.

Quick Reply: Still on the hunt