OT: Politically Incorrect Porsche Joke

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts
Default OT: Politically Incorrect Porsche Joke

Someone just sent this to me. It's meant totally in fun, not to offend:

"I just put a deposit down on a brand new Porsche and mentioned it on Facebook. I said "I can't wait for the new 911 to arrive!"

Next thing I know 4000 Muslims added me as a friend."
Old 02-12-2011, 12:07 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

That email's been circulating around lately. Here's the whole thing:

Politically Incorrect and Insensitive

1. In a local sports bar trivia quiz the other night, I lost by one point.
The question was, where do women mostly have curly hair? Apparently, it's Africa

2. One of the other questions was to name two things commonly found in cells.
It appears that Mexicans and African Americans is not the correct answer

3. I've heard that Apple has scrapped their plans for the new children's-oriented iPod
after realizing that iTouch Kids is not a good product name.

4. A new Muslim clothing shop opened here in Las Vegas, but I've been banned from
it after asking to look at some bomber jackets

5. You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles but at least they drive slowly past schools

6. A friend of mine has just told me he's ******** his girlfriend and her twin.
I asked, "How can you tell them apart?" He said, "Her brother has a moustache"

7. Just put a deposit down on a brand new Porsche and mentioned it on FaceBook.
I said "I can't wait for the new 911 to arrive!"
Next thing I know 4000 Muslims have added me as a friend!!

8. Being a modest man, when I checked into my hotel on a recent trip, I said to
the lady at the registration desk ... "I hope the **** channel in my room is disabled."
To which she replied, "No, it's regular ****, you sick bastard.”

9.The red cross knocked at my door asking if I could help towards the floods in Pakistan.
I said I would love to, but my hose only reaches the bottom of the driveway.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

I strongly object to these kinds of posts - I hope the Administrator deletes this thread ASAP and the individuals who posted are subject to sanctions.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:24 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheralph
I strongly object to these kinds of posts - I hope the Administrator deletes this thread ASAP and the individuals who posted are subject to sanctions.
I find this post hilarious, but I suspect you're serious...

Top Gear recently offended our neighbors to the South.

After all the hysteria that followed Jeremy Clarkson had this to say on the subject:

In other words, lighten up!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:28 AM
NightFlyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good grief, you can't turn around now days without someone getting offended or their feelings hurt.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

The Eiger Sanction was a great movie!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I don't find these posts "hilarious."

I do find them juvenile. It's childish to poke fun at people who are different than yourself. Most people quit doing that after grade school.

Stereotyping isn't funny to the person being stereotyped. And saying "lighten up" is just an excuse to keep on stereotyping others. Stereotyping is what allows one person to take control of another, either psychologically or physically (e.g., the Crusades, colonialism, slavery, etc..)

Some people even stereotype 997 owners. Yet take offense when their own "air cooled superiority" gets questioned.

I just don't get the point to make oneself feel superior at the expense of others.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 AM
C2Cab95
Drifting

The thread was labeled as OT - Off Topic and as a "Politically Incorrect Joke". You can preview the thread by pointing over the link to see if it might be worth while, or just move on if you think you might get offended.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:44 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

So politically incorrect jokes were the slippery slope to slavery and the Crusades? C'mon. Was "Pull my finger" what started the Inquisition as well?

From Dean Martin's famous roasts, to Don Rickles, from Eddie Murphy to almost every comedian thriving today, it's pretty clear that most people don't quit making off-color jokes after grade school. They only quit mentioning them to those that are over-sensitive or humorless.

Stereotypes exists because there is often an element of truth to them. By casting light and making jokes about them, we steal their power to offend by making the ridiculous into humor. Though it's true they can still have the power to offend, it usually says more about the person offended than the joke.

There's nothing mean-spirited or an attempt at making any one individual feel more/less superior here. But I'd imagine someone who gets so offended probably has bigger issues.

Every race and creed has stereotypes attached to them. I'm Italian, and I'm aware of all the stereotypical aspersion cast upon my ethnicity. But being so easily offended about something so trivial and harmless, now that's something most well-adjusted and secure people quit doing after grade school.

In the immortal words of Warren Oates: "Lighten up, Francis".

As far as my upcoming sanctions are concerned, I humbly request they not be water-cooled

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 02-12-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
So politically incorrect jokes were the slippery slope to slavery and the Crusades? C'mon. Was "Pull my finger" what started the Inquisition as well?

From Dean Martin's famous roasts, to Don Rickles, from Eddie Murphy to almost all reality programming today, it's pretty clear that most people don't quit making off-color jokes after grade school. They only quit mentioning them to those that are over-sensitive or humorless. And to imply someone who disagrees with you has "bigger issues" is a pure BS response.

Stereotypes exists because there is often an element of truth to them. By casting light and making jokes about them, we steal their power to offend by making the ridiculous into humor. Though it's true they can still have the power to offend, it usually says more about the person offended than the joke.

There's nothing mean-spirited or an attempt at making any one individual feel more/less superior here. But I'd imagine someone who gets so offended probably has bigger issues.

Every race and creed has stereotypes attached to them. I'm Italian, and I'm aware of all the stereotypical aspersion cast upon my ethnicity. But being so easily offended about something so trivial and harmless, now that's something most well-adjusted and secure people quit doing after grade school.

In the immortal words of Warren Oates: "Lighten up, Francis".

As far as my upcoming sanctions are concerned, I humbly request they not be water-cooled
Sorry, but I disagree. And the use of the term "politically correct" is simply an excuse to keep on stereotyping.

It's not about me being not well adjusted or being insecure. That's just another excuse to use. Nor is it about being humorless. When someone gets hurt by your stupidity and insensitivity to what might be a concern to them, do you always say, "what's the matter can't you take a joke?" Have you ever thought to ask, "Did I say something to offend you? If I did, I'm sorry."

It's about a huge history of suppressing others through the perpetuation of stereotyping.

If you don't get it, then that's fine. And of course "politically incorrect jokes" were not "the slippery slope to slavery and the Crusades" but they certainly were used to rationalize it. History is always the great revealer.

If you don't understand that stereotyping via jokes, or whatever method one prefers, leads to accepting things like the Crusades, or the war in Iraq, or making it perfectly acceptable to enslave "Little Black Sambo" then that's your worldview.

I have mine and I'm sticking to it.

p.s., and saying "but I'd imagine someone who gets so offended probably has bigger issues" is another typical cop-out. Come on, seriously?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Canyon56
Sorry, but I disagree. And the use of the term "politically correct" is simply an excuse to keep on stereotyping.

It's not about me being not well adjusted or being insecure. That's just another excuse to use. Nor is it about being humorless. When someone gets hurt by your stupidity and insensitivity to what might be a concern to them, do you always say, "what's the matter can't you take a joke?" Have you ever thought to ask, "Did I say something to offend you? If I did, I'm sorry."

It's about a huge history of suppressing others through the perpetuation of stereotyping.

If you don't get it, then that's fine. And of course "politically incorrect jokes" were not "the slippery slope to slavery and the Crusades" but they certainly were used to rationalize it. History is always the great revealer.

If you don't understand that stereotyping via jokes, or whatever method one prefers, leads to accepting things like the Crusades, or the war in Iraq, or making it perfectly acceptable to enslave "Little Black Sambo" then that's your worldview.

I have mine and I'm sticking to it.

p.s., and saying "but I'd imagine someone who gets so offended probably has bigger issues" is another typical cop-out. Come on, seriously?
Well, like I said, it's really meant to be a harmless joke, no matter how you personally are able to perceive it.

Somehow I doubt you're crying right now and/or scheduling a visit to a shrink to overcome the piercing pain my joke caused. But, hey, I could be wrong. So, If the joke I posted wounded you to your very core, and you are indeed profoundly and seriously hurt over my little joke, please tell me and I will offer you a sincere apology. I'm serious.

So, I'm curious. Are you implying that Don Rickles was a bigot? He made lots of really off-color jokes. Or Dean Martin a racist? His roasts were so blue they would make you blush. Did their comedy routines cause great masses to be suppressed? Should people like the late George Carlin have had their freedom suppressed and censored because certain elements might find their point of view distasteful? So you see, I think your way of thinking is the slippery slope to suppressing truth and freedom and promotes mindless conformity and Groupthink.

As I said, stereotypes exist for a reason; there is an element of truth to them. You may not agree, but humor can be a way to lessen the impact of stereotypes by allowing us to make light of the inanity of stereotypes. That was the spirit behind my posting the joke. Believe it or not, even though I'm Italian, I'm not Mussolini.

OK, all seriousness aside, you have my word that I will not use my joke to instigate an uprising against our fine Muslim brothers and sisters. I'm way too lazy to undertake a campaign of such vitriol and hatred. And if I see any comedians, musicians, artists or other types who make millions making off-color jokes, I'll keep in mind that at least one of them is really Hitler 2011 in the making

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 02-12-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, like I said, it's really meant to be a harmless joke, no matter how you personally are able to perceive it.

Somehow I doubt you're crying right now and/or scheduling a visit to a shrink to overcome the piercing pain my joke caused. But, hey, I could be wrong. So, If the joke I posted wounded you to your very core, and you are indeed profoundly and seriously hurt over my little joke, please tell me and I will offer you a sincere apology. I'm serious.

So, I'm curious. Are you implying that Don Rickles was a bigot? He made lots of really off-color jokes. Or Dean Martin a racist? His roasts were so blue they would make you blush. Did their comedy routines cause great masses to be suppressed? Should people like the late George Carlin have had their freedom suppressed and censored because certain elements might find their point of view distasteful? So you see, I think your way of thinking is the slippery slope to suppressing truth and freedom and promotes mindless conformity and Groupthink.

As I said, stereotypes exist for a reason; there is an element of truth to them. You may not agree, but humor can be a way to lessen the impact of stereotypes by allowing us to make light of the inanity of stereotypes. That was the spirit behind my posting the joke. Believe it or not, even though I'm Italian, I'm not Mussolini.

OK, all seriousness aside, you have my word that I will not use my joke to instigate an uprising against our fine Muslim brothers and sisters. I'm way too lazy to undertake a campaign of such vitriol and hatred. And if I see any comedians, musicians, artists or other types who make millions making off-color jokes, I'll keep in mind that at least one of them is really Hitler 2011 in the making
+1
Before I considered purchasing a 993, my brother-n-law (a Ferrari owner) warned me that I would be subject to stereotyping, you know "the *****'s on the inside" joke and with ownership you'll most likely accelerate losing your sense of humor. I can honestly say it hasn't diminished at this point and this thread reminds me not to take myself too seriously.

"A little nonsense now and then is often relished by the wisest men"
Wille Wonka
Old 02-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Was "Pull my finger" what started the Inquisition as well?
I can see how people can find the joke to be offensive since it pertains to the 9/11 attacks and a religious group (and found the joke to be neither funny nor detestable), but the above line had me absolutely rolling. Good one.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Robert993TT
Racer

Look around the world and realize that humor is often based on serious events. The days we do not allow us the pleasure of making jokes to lighten the mood. That day we stop being human. My suggestion is that you go and rent or to buy La Vita e Bella, or as it is called in English Life is Beautiful. Roberto Benigni masterpiece from 1997.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Vandy Sagina's. My new nick.

Quick Reply: OT: Politically Incorrect Porsche Joke