It's fitting though:

It's all about looking good on the track

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dirk. Love the tail. Were there any fitment issues or was it a good fit? Any pictures?

What suspension set up do you run?

Love the car.

M
Old 05-01-2011, 08:08 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Dirk, love the term.

That 993 is sitting pretty low. What suspension are you using for Ring work?is it still a street car (I see the license plate)?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
pmohr993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dirk, I love your ducktail. do you have any pictures of it from the rear and sides? does the fabricator have a site in english? i would love to get this tail!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by pmohr993
Dirk, I love your ducktail. do you have any pictures of it from the rear and sides? does the fabricator have a site in english? i would love to get this tail!
The site is available in english....
Old 05-02-2011, 03:46 AM
dirk993
AutoX

Originally Posted by Macca
Dirk. Love the tail. Were there any fitment issues or was it a good fit? Any pictures?

Love the car.

M
The duck was a perfect fit. No pictures from the fitting, sorry.

I'm running Bilstein PSS10 (which was installed before i started to track the car) with 993RS geometry and rideheight - or as close to it as possible given then suspension.

The car is lighter, g50/21, lsd, one-mass flywheel, powerflex bushings.

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 05-02-2011, 03:52 AM
dirk993
AutoX

Love the car.

M
Originally Posted by nile13
Dirk, love the term.

That 993 is sitting pretty low. What suspension are you using for Ring work?is it still a street car (I see the license plate)?
Thanx.

pss10, see other post for details. One of the pictures is taken in the carousel, quite some compression.

You need a street legal car for nuerburgring tourist drives - which is considered a one-way toll road during these events.

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Dirk. Thanks for the information. Im running midnight blue ROW 1994 993 with new 40/65 Motorsport LSD and G50/21 with RSLWFC as well. Weight = approx 1320kg with racing buckets. Using Mo30+Bilstein HD at RS height + 10mm but about to go coilovers hence the question. Considering something a little more aggressive/adjustable than PSS10 right now hence my questions.

Yours is the first 993 in midnight blue I have seen with ducktail and I like the look. I have sent that german company an email to see if they will ship to my part of the world. Hopefully they will have someone reply in english. My key concern was everything lining up properly. If you have any pictures you could take and post of the wing from different angles it would be much appreciated. The integrated grill is a nice touch and sure would help with keeping the weight down...

Also like your custom front bumper. Was that from the same supplier?

Thanks
M
Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 AM
dirk993
AutoX

Hi Dirk. Thanks for the information. Im running midnight blue ROW 1994 993 with new 40/65 Motorsport LSD and G50/21 with RSLWFC as well. Weight = approx 1320kg with racing buckets. Using Mo30+Bilstein HD at RS height + 10mm but about to go coilovers hence the question. Considering something a little more aggressive/adjustable than PSS10 right now hence my questions.

Yours is the first 993 in midnight blue I have seen with ducktail and I like the look. I have sent that german company an email to see if they will ship to my part of the world. Hopefully they will have someone reply in english. My key concern was everything lining up properly. If you have any pictures you could take and post of the wing from different angles it would be much appreciated. The integrated grill is a nice touch and sure would help with keeping the weight down...

Also like your custom front bumper. Was that from the same supplier?

Thanks
M
The pss10 works ok for me. Running on 18" light turbo wheels and toyo r888 (225 front, 265 rear) tires.

The duck will fit as it is i hope (mine did), the front was a little bit more involved though (fender and boot panel are carbon). I'll ask my garage guy to answer with details as the parts are modified.

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dirk. Ive spoken to Marcus at MRS and all looks good so far. Did you manage to retrofit your light under the hood or just leave that out altogether? Do you use gas struts to lift the hood or just a stick?

I noticed your front fender gap line between door and fender was very narrow but now it makes sense that is a CF panel. Alot of work involved for sure!

Im running Kerscher custom 3 piece wheels 18". They are under 10 kg for the rears but still a little heavier than the hollow spokes. You can see my project from the beginning here: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...eferrerid=6980

What is your weight now? I would suggest 1300kg or less?

Thanks

M
Old 05-02-2011, 10:45 AM
dirk993
AutoX

Hi,

Thanks Dirk. Ive spoken to Marcus at MRS and all looks good so far. Did you manage to retrofit your light under the hood or just leave that out altogether? Do you use gas struts to lift the hood or just a stick?

I noticed your front fender gap line between door and fender was very narrow but now it makes sense that is a CF panel. Alot of work involved for sure!

Im running Kerscher custom 3 piece wheels 18". They are under 10 kg for the rears but still a little heavier than the hollow spokes. You can see my project from the beginning here: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...eferrerid=6980

What is your weight now? I would suggest 1300kg or less?
The URL doesn't work.

No light and a stick. Weight should be well below 1300kg, can't remember the exact value:

- removed rear seats and insulation
- nomex recaro pp
- rs door panels
- carbon front fender & hood

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Dirk,

Sorry. Try beloow or do a search for "selfgratification with pictures - 993 outlaw"

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=6980

It would be great so see more pictures of your car when you are able. It sounds like you have done all the tried and tested things to reduce weight. Im glad to see you have kept sunroof and probably air con which is a sensiblee move...

Cheers
M
Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 AM
dirk993
AutoX

Dirk,

Sorry. Try beloow or do a search for "selfgratification with pictures - 993 outlaw"

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=6980

It would be great so see more pictures of your car when you are able. It sounds like you have done all the tried and tested things to reduce weight. Im glad to see you have kept sunroof and probably air con which is a sensiblee move...

Cheers
M
Really nice car you got there! I would stick with the turbo-front and the ride height, looks great.

My daily driver nowadays (as far as I need one) is a 964 WTL Cab "America Roadster" in GrandPrix white running on 18" fuchs rims. It's a cruiser, but the cup exhaust on a 964 offers a excellent "track feel" replacement on the autobahn

The 993 will be further optimized as a track tool, sunroof and air con will go in the future. Next step is: stiff axle kit. I have the strange urge to make it race compliant (RCN & VLN races on the nordschleife in the historical class). I currently race a BWM 325i - nice drive but it's just no 911.

I will make some detailed photo's when im at the ring (the 993 is stored there).

Cheers,
Dirk
Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Dirk.

Thanks for that. I envy your proximity to the ring. I took a car around there a few years back during the summer evening public time and really enjoyed it.

The solid rear mounts make a noticeable difference to the handling. Really make the handling more progressive on the limit. I can also recommend pinning the front tie rods (see other threats) for sharpening up the front end. Lastly the RS adjustable sways for tweaking out some of the understeer (especially with LSD equipped 993).

Sounds like you have a nice mix of vehicles there. Enjoy!

Cheers
M
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 AM
dirk993
AutoX

Hi Dirk.

Thanks for that. I envy your proximity to the ring. I took a car around there a few years back during the summer evening public time and really enjoyed it.

The solid rear mounts make a noticeable difference to the handling. Really make the handling more progressive on the limit. I can also recommend pinning the front tie rods (see other threats) for sharpening up the front end. Lastly the RS adjustable sways for tweaking out some of the understeer (especially with LSD equipped 993).

Sounds like you have a nice mix of vehicles there. Enjoy!

Cheers
M
http://2scale.net/~dvl/pics/duck/ for some detailed pics of the duck.

My 18" semis were damaged and i was forced to use my old cup2 with bridgestone potenza 205/255 for the weekend (roughly 40 laps). Well: i will retire the 18" wheels. 17" is so much more agile and revs up faster. Even with the normal street tires precision and feel was improved.

I will put 205/255 r888 on the cup2 and see how this will work out....

Cheers,
Dirk
ps: it's a bit hard on the ears though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOl3YZ3bw6A

Quick Reply: WTB 993 duck tail