Sponsored by:

Gotta love California (yeah, sorta OT)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Not sure where to jump back in here after Kika's photos. BUT.........I'm anticipating similar tomorrow at Sugar Bowl. I was absolutely overheated this afternoon. If there was a golf course at the base lodge (or maybe if I had a season pass to Northstar), I could have kicked off my boots and laced up my golf shoes and traded poles for a putter. It was absolutely a cooler feeling in the late afternoon last Thursday playing golf in Phoenix than boarding today.

(Yes, ski in the AM, with the free rental I check out a board in the PM. Still a beginner at only my fifth try, and took an NFL lineman-into-an-unprotected QB type blow to the head on a fall. Yes, wearing a helmet. My rollover ride-a-long last November at Thunderhill in the student's car is now the second most severe head knock I've ever experienced.)

Looks to be about 65 at the track Saturday, may be some rain rolling in Sunday for the race techniques school they're putting on for the rookies/intermediates.
Maybe you could try snow skiing in the am then water skiing in the PM? Gambling in the evening is a pretty darn good day in my book.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Stay at my mom's in Roseville 80 miles away, so I don't even get near Tahoe.

Anyway, here's a shot from the top of the Mt. Disney lift looking down to the Mt. Lincoln lift. Was debating taking my jacket off for this run at about 11AM.
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 95C4VanIsle

I lived in Denver for twenty years, way back when, and I don't remember anyone golfing in the winter.
Originally Posted by Ed Hughes

It ain't mid-60's in Denver right now.
Ed-- Today's forecast, I'm 'boarding tomorrow

Old 01-28-2011, 11:44 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

CA may be terminally screwed up, but I'm not sure where else you can get all this in with minimal driving time.
Ken-- Great weekend

Originally Posted by jhale

Sounds like a normal weekend for me in CO (except the track part). Gotta love it. Enjoy!!!
Jon-- Nice options: hit High Plains Raceway, Pike's Peak International Raceway, or sometimes...

Last edited by curve lover; 07-04-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: YT
Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Stay at my mom's in Roseville 80 miles away, so I don't even get near Tahoe.

Anyway, here's a shot from the top of the Mt. Disney lift looking down to the Mt. Lincoln lift. Was debating taking my jacket off for this run at about 11AM.
that is Beautiful!

I just got some Volkl Tigersharks, going up to Mammoth on President's Day, can't wait to try them out. My last skis were a pair of Salomon Equipe3Ss...OLD!
with Marker MRR bindings, man what PITA those things are.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:37 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, half over now. Amazingly, and as out of shape as I really am at my age (48), I do not feel the least bit sore. And I pushed it hard this AM (for my level) on the skis. Kind of ran out of gas for boarding this afternoon and bailed about 3PM.

Up at 5 to make it to Thunderhill in time to turn the tables and play instructor!

Quick Reply: Gotta love California (yeah, sorta OT)