Sponsored by:

$39,995 1995 993

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
$40K on a 993 narrow body is stupid money, especially on a private basis.
Why should that make a difference.

I'd sooner talk to a private seller who chances are, knows far more about the car's past than any dealer would.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evansystems
I just watched my 993 drive away it sold to a very happy new owner for my asking price of $39,995.00
Truth be told once he offered me the money and didn't try to haggle i nearly told him no i cannot sell it, it truly was immaculate and came with all records, tools, 2 new sets of mats, just completed 30K service, new tires all around, all original paint in near perfect condition so i feel he got an excellent deal and i am already missing that car!
Now the search begins again I plan to find another 993 Coupe-2 and this time I need to pay less so i know i've got my work cut out for me. If anyone reading this knows of any clean, preferably low miles, well maintained C-2s for sale let me know i'd appreciate it. Oh, and manual, it must be manual, no tips. And no reds or yellows and yes i too like many here LOVE the all black interior, that would be my first choice but am open to other options. And Thanks!
Congratulations on the sale. I'm sure the new owner is very happy and you did well for yourself. Good luck with your new search!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Your asking price is $39,995 and you've turned down offers of $39,000????
Not being greedy which is why I'm still poor, I usually price things at a level I will not take less than. I always include in the ad "if you absolutely need to haggle for that feel-good feeling, the price is _____"
Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Wow, amazing price considering that's what I paid for mine nine years ago with similar mileage. At the time, that price was considered a fair one given the great condition of my car. Good job!

I guess that bodes somewhat well for our clunkers.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 AM
mrsystems
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony thanks for the lead, i called Jay and will be considering his car it looks pretty sweet.
Only major downside is the distance, we live on opposite sides of the country so i'm contemplating trying to organize a Rennfax, heard much about them? The seller suggested i do that so, perhaps. The car has a lot of engine work already done, new clutch, already addressed the CEL issues which he says is a huge benefit but i'm not sure. He said also the work was all done at the Porsche dealership so thats good. I like the color combo well enough, love black interiors so yep, lots to consider and consider quick. Oh yes so you own a 95 like i owned and i was under the impression that the 95s major benefit is they do not get the carbon build up problem but this seller said that isn't true, that they do get it it just doesn't trigger the CEL, what do you think? Thanx!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Hmmm, I paid $39,000 for my pristine, 36,000 mile '95 993, a nearly flawless car in terms of repair issues, way back in 2002. Have '95 993 values really stayed stable over the past nine years?
18 months ago I got a '96 C2 with <25,000 miles, few minor issues (since easily corrected), all records, upgraded suspension, lowered, 18" wheels and tires, and upgraded exhaust for $37,000. The guy was originally asking $45,000.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Spidey 993

Originally Posted by evansystems
Tony thanks for the lead, i called Jay and will be considering his car it looks pretty sweet.
Only major downside is the distance, we live on opposite sides of the country so i'm contemplating trying to organize a Rennfax, heard much about them? The seller suggested i do that so, perhaps. The car has a lot of engine work already done, new clutch, already addressed the CEL issues which he says is a huge benefit but i'm not sure. He said also the work was all done at the Porsche dealership so thats good. I like the color combo well enough, love black interiors so yep, lots to consider and consider quick. Oh yes so you own a 95 like i owned and i was under the impression that the 95s major benefit is they do not get the carbon build up problem but this seller said that isn't true, that they do get it it just doesn't trigger the CEL, what do you think? Thanx!
Evan, my understanding (from reading threads on here), is it just doesn't trigger the CEL. Either way, to have it resolved as well as the new clutch and "other" engines items is a big plus. Yes, I had a Rennfax done since I bought in Tennessee and living here in Colorado. I saw you already requested one on another thread. Hope it all works out, I am partial to that color combo and I really like the price and recent service.

Don't forget to budget for the transportation costs!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 AM
mrsystems
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tony will keep you posted, if i get a Rennfax set up soon it could be on its way to me soon although, i'm trying to stay calm, one never knows what lies under the hood but i agree all the recent work "should" mean its dialed in now, i hope i hope. Were you happy with the one you bought out of state? I just noticed on Auto Trader of all places nearly half dozen 993 Coupes with low miles and all under $35 in various color combos. The Slate Grey on Black/Grey looks really nice, super clean too, someone must have really detailed it. Ok i'm a rambling, thanks again for the idea much appreciated.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Leon993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High 30s for a good 993 is worth every penny. And for a wide body, a few dollars more.

Quick Reply: $39,995 1995 993