Sponsored by:

Mable Gray interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mable Gray interior

I sent Joanne the interior picture of my 993 which I believe it is the Marble Gray interior.

After spoke with Joanne, she doesnt think this is Marble gray and it might due to the picture effect from the computer. I am attaching the picture for the interior of my car, which I need to confirm with you whether my interior is Mable Gray? Please advise so I can order the color to dye my seat =)

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by xcusemi
I sent Joanne the interior picture of my 993 which I believe it is the Marble Gray interior.

After spoke with Joanne, she doesnt think this is Marble gray and it might due to the picture effect from the computer. I am attaching the picture for the interior of my car, which I need to confirm with you whether my interior is Mable Gray? Please advise so I can order the color to dye my seat =)

Thanks in advance!
From my experience, Marble Gray is considered more of a 'bone white' or 'linen' in appearance ... closer to the color of your Rennlist sticker
Based on your 1 photo, the above interior does look darker than Marbe Gray. More photos in different lighting may clarify.
However, the best place to start is usually the options sticker that should be on your bonnet, or similar records that originally came with your 993.

(BTW, Marbe Gray with black deviating dash & door armrests is one of my favorite interior combinations - nice!)

YMMV -- this photo is from a post where Rdelvalle implies he has Marble Gray; looks at least as dark as yours in this photo:
Originally Posted by Rdelvalle

Last edited by curve lover; 01-13-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Hi Curve:

Thanks a bunch for the advise and your attachment picture. ou are right with the lighting because at the different lighting, the interior color of my car does look your the picture you attached.

Just to be 100% sure, do you or anyone know what is the Color Option Code for the Marble gray? I dont have any original sticker or anything, but I did noticed that I have the sticker under the bonnet of my hood =)

Again, thank you
Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by curve lover

However, the best place to start is usually the options sticker that should be on your bonnet, or similar records that originally came with your 993.

Hi Curve:
Just to be 100% sure, do you or anyone know what is the Color Option Code for the Marble gray? I dont have any original sticker or anything, but I did noticed that I have the sticker under the bonnet of my hood =)

Again, thank you
My pleasure; hope it helps with dyeing your seats.

There are other resources around for decoding the option #s, but according to 993faq.com:
Originally Posted by Jim Walz

WQ is Marble Grey
Old 01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Benton
Drifting

xcusemi - That is definitely Marble Gray. I had Marble Gray in my 993 but it wore pretty poorly over the years and I converted the interior to black. The photo is a little dark, but that is Marble Gray. The steering wheel looks a little off though... maybe it is the photo, maybe the wheel has gotten a darker "patina" from use over the years?

The photo Jager posted above is Classic Gray.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mark-- Right; I bit off on the post's thread title, "Looking for a rootwood shifter, marble gray boot"
Further inspection reveals:
Originally Posted by Rdelvalle

My interior is classic gray.

From my experience, Marble Gray is considered more of a 'bone white' or 'linen' in appearance ... closer to the color of your Rennlist sticker
Based on your 1 photo, the above interior does look darker than Marbe Gray. More photos in different lighting may clarify.

ou are right with the lighting because at the different lighting, the interior color of my car does look your the picture you attached.
This is more representative of what, IMHO, Marble Gray looks like 'in real life' / normal, sunny lighting...
From the "Marble Grey Interior" thread:
Originally Posted by BradB

I have a '96 C4S that came with a Marble Grey Interior.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Smile

Thank you so much for all the response. This is the best place or what? =)
Old 01-13-2011, 02:50 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

JoAnne at www.colorplus.com is a great asset to the Porsche community.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:03 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

This is marble gray, I'm 99.8% certain of that.

The reason the steering wheel looks off in color is because the marble cars came with non-grey steering wheels, generally speaking (black or blue, depending on color scheme). The wood-insert wheel in OPs pic is most likely a later replacement, possibly in Classic, Rubicon or Florentine gray.

OP, a model year of your car would be helpful as gray colors changed over the years somewhat.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

My car (pictured above!) has a Certificate of Authenticity which simply reads: Interior Color: Marble Grey Leatherette.

That's what you have for sure.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Thanks again!

I do agree that Joanne is a great asset for our cmmunity. I had a long talk with her, not just about paint..but also other things. She is very nice and sweet. I order one pint of Marble Gray and personally believe it should easily cover the front 2 seats along with the rear 2 seats.

I will let you guy know if I have alot left over, which offcourse I can offer this to any rennlist free of charge except for the shipping =)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:57 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Good luck. I am interested to get your review after you get the project done. My drivers seat bolster is getting a bit worn and I may do the same thing. Let us know!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

xscuemi, the spec sheet from Colorplus I sent you wan't the answer for her to mix up a batch?

or maybe Marble Grey is a stock color for them now? Gonna go check their web site
EDIT: Nope, not on their site as a stock color.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:50 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Hi MarkD:

Again, thank you for your spec sheet. The sheet you gave me is for Marble Gray, but Joanne advised me base on the picture of the interior shot that I sent her, she doesnt think my interior is Mable Gray.

This is the reason I want to confirm with the board and from a few post below me, I am convince that my interior is Marble Gray and called Joanne to place the order. I told her to mix the color base on the spec sheet you provided.

Again, thank you everyone
Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
bucski
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bonnet sticker is SF. I always thought it was marble grey, though it is def lighter that the OP's interior.

Does SF refer to light grey? ( couldn't see it on the FAQ )

Thanks
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Mable Gray interior