Sponsored by: DashLynx

FS: Canadian 993 Silver/Black w/sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Canadian 993 Silver/Black w/sport seats

No affiliation...just perusing the web. This Canadian (Vancouver) 1995 993 in silver/black with sport seats, red brake calipers, etc. looked enticing at $26,995. Mileage a bit high but given it's already in Canada, no additional taxes (whatever they may be). As always, hope it goes to a RLer.

http://www.downtowndueck.com/used/Po...095b1655ef.htm
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great price being Canadian!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty amazing this car still has the stock all terrain suspension. If the car is purchased and exported, does the buyer pay the HST? And why is it called "Harmonized"?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Rinty
Drifting

...why is it called "Harmonized"...
It's a combination hit of federal and provincial sales tax. I'll let the B.C. members explain the rest.

And maybe somebody can comment on whether an out of province buyer can get a rebate of the provincial component.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Pretty amazing this car still has the stock all terrain suspension. If the car is purchased and exported, does the buyer pay the HST? And why is it called "Harmonized"?
Harmonized Sales Tax: A combination of Provincial and Federal sales tax. And,
yeah, I bet you'd have to pay it and then apply for a refund..

This car has been listed for MONTHS..there has to be something wrong with it.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

Well by the looks of it, the front drivers side fender and door don't match colorwise (unless its the pic).
Otherwise, looks like a decent deal especially considering its canadian!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,855 Likes on 1,729 Posts

The Federal (GST) and Provincial (PST) sales taxes used to be separate. Six months ago they were harmonized into the one HST tax. I believe that out of country are able to apply for a refund but that was under the old system and should be confirmed under HST rules. I don't know that the car is such a great deal for US buyers though.

However, for a local buyer, this seems like an awesome deal. The car has the equivalent of 105mi.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by _boman

This car has been listed for MONTHS..there has to be something wrong with it.
My neighbour's 997 has been available for months and there is nothing wrong with it - I know, cause I drove it over Christmas!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 657 Likes on 456 Posts

If the car is purchased and exported, does the buyer pay the HST?
You mean to the US? I don't think so.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 657 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinty
And maybe somebody can comment on whether an out of province buyer can get a rebate of the provincial component.
I've bought two new out of province vehicles so far. I paid the tax in the province where I bought and then paid tax again when I registered it in my home province. I then applied for a refund from the other province and received the money within 4 to 5 weeks.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
syzygy
Instructor

I bought my 911 in Vancouver. I paid no Provincial tax (purchased from Weissach) but I had to prove I lived in a different province. As Alberta, and we have no provincial sales tax, I didn't have to pay anything here, either.

Though the tax has changed this past year to the HST model, if you live in another province you shouldn't have to pay it in BC, or should be able to apply for a rebate.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by syzygy
I bought my 911 in Vancouver. I paid no Provincial tax (purchased from Weissach) but I had to prove I lived in a different province. As Alberta, and we have no provincial sales tax, I didn't have to pay anything here, either.

Though the tax has changed this past year to the HST model, if you live in another province you shouldn't have to pay it in BC, or should be able to apply for a rebate.
You still had to pay GST, right?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:41 AM
SkiDan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outside of HST provinces, I believe you do not pay the GST when you purchase a used vehicle in a private sale but you should on a purchase from a dealer.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 AM
firesm
Pro

Originally Posted by SkiDan
Outside of HST provinces, I believe you do not pay the GST when you purchase a used vehicle in a private sale but you should on a purchase from a dealer.
That's the way it was in Ontario before the introduction of the HST. But now we pay HST on used cars bought privately, which means the provincial government is colecting GST on an item that it was not previously required on - are they in turn sending that extra 5% to the federal government or are they keeping it?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 AM
johnsjmc
Racer

If considering buying it to import to the US I expect the taxes aren,t collected unles it,s registered in Canada first and might be refundable if exported but that should be verified .I imported a car from Michigan to Canada and the tax was collected and a credit was available in any state where it would eventually be registered BUT there was no agreement with Canada to allow a refund there.I would also make certain of any import requirements from your local DMV. The speedo probably needs to be replaced with a MPH speedo at least. The price seems more attractive to a Canadian as it,s already here.

Quick Reply: FS: Canadian 993 Silver/Black w/sport seats