Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Experiences with Heritage Trim Vancouver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Experiences with Heritage Trim Vancouver?

Looking to get some seats recovered and could use a referral on them. Pics would be great too! Thanks!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:54 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

This place?

Andreas
Old 12-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Yes, this place...
Old 01-01-2011, 01:27 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know. I just checked out their website earlier this week.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Any pictures of before and after?
Old 01-02-2011, 05:39 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also try Pacific Auto Trim in Vancouver.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 996Carrera
You can also try Pacific Auto Trim in Vancouver.
yup, used Lou for many years, always does top work. I know he was thinking about retiring, you know if he is till there? (was last year when I had some work done..).
Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 AM
jnicol
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coop,

If you are in Toronto, hopefully you have skilled labour closer to home to help you out. If you are searching high and wide however, I am in the middle of this process and can tell you what I know so far:

I searched and called around etc etc and came to a short list of
http://worlduph.com/
http://autosintl.net/
and Heritage.
I was particularly interested in Heritage because they are not only in Canada, but in my same province! Dealing with them through email and the phone was a little odd and I didn't get a great comfort feel despite Tony's insistence that they are the best.

I am having a local upholsterer who I have used before and know does quality work install the already sewn seats for me. (I was tempted to just get the stock leather and have him redo the seats from scratch but this would have cost more).

Anyway.... cutting to the chase... I requested samples from all three and brought them to my local trusted guy for an opinion. All three matched colour extremely well, but World Upholstery was the best texture match, my guy liked the feel of the leather best, and it was by a good measure the cheapest (not necessarily an area you want to go cheap on mind you).

Dealing with these folks on the phone and by email I give the win to Autos International who were always prompt, professional and clear. World Upholstery I would have given up on several times over if they didn't have the best sample... and the best price.

In terms of price, Heritage was significantly higher as well.

I ordered the seat covers mid December from World Upholstery. With the holidays I assume I will get them in a week or so. If you like I can follow up with some pics once installed.

ps. thanks for posting the above link... glad I decided to go elsewhere.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I called Heritage in Vancouver twice, the USA # once and emailed USA office also. I didn't EVER hear anything back - 3 aggravating strikes, you're out!!

Pacific Auto Trim. Ironically, I was just speaking with Lou today before I saw this posting. Quoted me $1500/seat to recover 993 turbo front seats Flamenco Red. Seems steep, but at least someone picked up the phone right away and gave some service.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:38 AM
dsmyth
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my seats recovered by heritage in my 85 about two years ago. They actually changed them to sport seats from comfort seats. Their quality of work was top notch( 9.5 out of 10) but communication with them was really difficult . Here are some pictures of the completed work. I shipped them from ottawa to vancouver.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 AM
dsmyth
Rennlist Member

The camera picks up the yellow of the original leather (which can be cleaned to match) but for some reason it looks like a perfect match in the car . I know thats hard to believe looking at it in the picture.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:20 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Originally Posted by dsmyth
I had my seats recovered by heritage in my 85 about two years ago. They actually changed them to sport seats from comfort seats. Their quality of work was top notch( 9.5 out of 10) but communication with them was really difficult . Here are some pictures of the completed work. I shipped them from ottawa to vancouver.
Very reluctant to rain on someone else's parade so please don't take offense but based on the pics of the driver's seat I would be reluctant to choose Heritage. The piping on the lower bolster and back rest is not straight, the power switch looks improperly installed and the cover on the back seems to have quite a few wrinkles on the side bolster and headrest. Perhaps the camera angle is accentuating these things.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
911RufRT
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike J
yup, used Lou for many years, always does top work. I know he was thinking about retiring, you know if he is till there? (was last year when I had some work done..).
I still see Lou around the shop sometimes.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:56 PM
dsmyth
Rennlist Member

Ok possibly an an 8.5 but the camera angle is accentuating it a bit. The passaanger side did turn out better than the drivers.

Quick Reply: Experiences with Heritage Trim Vancouver?