Sponsored by:

Need help - WEVO C2 mount for C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by vincer77
Thanks. So which mounts are these and what application?
My understanding are the left one are the C2 and the right one the C4/Turbo.

Jack
Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

No, exactly the opposite. The left one is the C4/turbo, shiny aluminum and the right one is the old C2.
As Akerlie posted, the position of the end tube makes the difference between the two applications. But it's easily compensated for with 2 spacers. Not a big deal to manufacture. I made mine out of stainless steel.
Ed
Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
dommorton
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? so there is a difference in carrier C2 to C4/Turbo?

The PET diagram suggests to me that although 2 carrier designs exist, both C2 and C4 mounts point to the same one.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I did the installation of the WEVO Blue mounts in my C4S today. Thanks for all the guidance that I received here. I would like to share a summary and a key learning on removing the old mount on the driver side.

1. I used all the hardware that came from Wevo. The picture shows that compared to the C4S mount, the provided center bolt is shorter but when installed there was at least 10 mm of excess which you might be able to see on the second pictures. Just make sure that you jack up the engine until the stand wiggle before you torque them to Porsche spec as recommended by Mr. Heimer. The engine came out maybe 3 mm higher according to the exhaust tips which could be easily fixed by re-adjusting them.

2. As many others, I used the DIY from p-car.com but I found another helpful DIY that covered the caps (if they are in place) and had some extra pictures on how to move the old mounts out.

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9..._rsmounts.html

3. The passenger side went very easy but the driver side was a PITA even after loosening the AC as suggested in the DIYs. I lowered and raised the engine and when I was about to give up (not really ...) I saw that there was another line in the way. It is the tube that runs the cable to open the lid. It can be unclipped (see second pic) and after doing so, the mount popped out very easily. The tube is not really flexible but after unclipping it just moved enough to make an "impossible" job look easy. When you are in there, you will know what I mean. This is the key learning that I had. If you struggle, just try it!

As you see, no big news except for the other DIY and my learning on unclipping the tube for the cable. I have not test driven the car but I am sure that it will be fine. Thanks again to all the good input via postings and PM. If you have the right tools and have jacked up the car before, there is no reason not do do this yourself.

Last edited by e9stibi; 12-23-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:37 AM
dommorton
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That top pic puts my mind at rest, as I understand the same Wevo part is used for C2 and C4? if so then they clearly hold the carrier at the same height so C2 to C4 should not require any spacers.

I too had the issue with removal of the old mounts being a complete PITA on the nearside. At the time I thought the cable tube was part of the shell, so struggled on with that in place!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

I got my car back today with the blue WEVO mounts installed. Just the short drive from the shop was fun. You get a much better feel / feedback from the engine. More direct driving experience. Love it.

It was no problem t replace the OEM from the C4S with the blue WEVO ones. No high adjustment needed.

Jack
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the install, Jack, and thanks for the followup on using these on the 4S. Got my RS mounts on order.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:37 AM
funbug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. It's a great article. Explains a lot.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 AM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul902
Congrats on the install, Jack, and thanks for the followup on using these on the 4S. Got my RS mounts on order.
No problem. I got the RS mounts on the lates GB as well. They will go in my CAB in March/April.

Jack

Quick Reply: Need help - WEVO C2 mount for C4S