Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help - WEVO C2 mount for C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

This are the pictures which I got from Ed.

Jack
Attached Images   
Old 12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Roche993
My thoughts exactly. Mine are also on the way and what I thought was good to go now seems 9mm off. I know there are others (Magdaddy-I believe) who have installed them in a C4S and have not had issues with this. I dont even think Wevo makes a C4 mount that I am aware of. I just thaought the C2 mount worked with all 993's. Will someone convince me (and others) that the C2 Wevo mounts are fine for a C4S?
my mechanic Joel Reiser(PCA technical guru for our cars)installed my Wevo's. He said nothing about ill fittment, needed modifications, or incompatibility. So, I'm confused here...

there is no way Joel would install any part into a 993 chassis that would cause harm.

So, I offer no new news here...

Maybe we need some more resident experts here-didn't Chris Walrod recently comment about compatibility of these SS mounts?

any comments from Steve at Rennsport?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Magdaddy
This thread is confusing me. I think we got too many motor mounts going on here. I think I am going to stick with my premise that the Wevo C2 motor mounts will work in a C4S car. When they come I'm puttin' em in and if they don't work or something is not right, I will let others know.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:02 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
my mechanic Joel Reiser(PCA technical guru for our cars)installed my Wevo's. He said nothing about ill fittment, needed modifications, or incompatibility. So, I'm confused here...

there is no way Joel would install any part into a 993 chassis that would cause harm.

So, I offer no new news here...

Maybe we need some more resident experts here-didn't Chris Walrod recently comment about compatibility of these SS mounts?

any comments from Steve at Rennsport?
Can you ask your mechanic if he is aware about any fitments issues and what he did? Maybe your install was long ago and he can recall. It looks that based on the pictures all C4, C4S and turbo have a different motor mount than the rest.

Would be great if you can follow up.

Thx Jack
Old 12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tropheus
Can you ask your mechanic if he is aware about any fitments issues and what he did? Maybe your install was long ago and he can recall. It looks that based on the pictures all C4, C4S and turbo have a different motor mount than the rest.

Would be great if you can follow up.

Thx Jack
sent an email to Joel. I'll share his reply when I get it.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Default Joel's reply

attached below,

"We've had pretty good results with the Wevo mounts, however there is some double-talk from the vendor about how tight to make them. They specify way under-tightening them compared to Porsche's specs, and we have issues with that. We have seen them come loose on a GT3. So we are torquing them to Porsche's specs. If they have to go to a denser material, that would not be a big surprise to me. But yes they fit all sorts of models, we have them on 996's and all sorts of stuff."

Again, he installed Wevo blue's on my car, simple plug and play.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:59 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
attached below,

"We've had pretty good results with the Wevo mounts, however there is some double-talk from the vendor about how tight to make them. They specify way under-tightening them compared to Porsche's specs, and we have issues with that. We have seen them come loose on a GT3. So we are torquing them to Porsche's specs. If they have to go to a denser material, that would not be a big surprise to me. But yes they fit all sorts of models, we have them on 996's and all sorts of stuff."

Again, he installed Wevo blue's on my car, simple plug and play.
Any word on adjusting the exhaust or having the engine lower? Based on the pictures from Ed there is a difference which has to result in something? Maybe it sin't a big issue if the engine is 9mm lower?

Thx Jack
Old 12-07-2010, 03:33 AM
dommorton
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone actually confirm the C2 having a different engine carrier design to the C4 and Turbo?

I took a look at my Porsche manual and both C2 and C4 mounts are listed against a pic of the same carrier. That would lead me to believe there is no height difference and the 9mm measured is just where the old C2 mount has stretched.

I'm accepting I can be proved wrong here but I'm quietly hoping that won't be the case as I don't fancy paying for new mounts again!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

The PET is not exactly clear on what's what, but does list two separate carriers, and 2 separate motor mounts - x049-00 for C2/Cabrio and x049-05 for C4/Cabrio.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

I was going to call a store that sells both C2 and C4 variants and get them to compare the bolt lenghts. Neither Paragon, nor Pelican seem to have both. Anyone know who sells both OEM parts?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking to suggest that, Sunset?

Why not ask Wevo? They do make a distinction on their website that the 993 mounts they sell are C2. (The 964 mounts are listed as C2/C4.)
Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM
dommorton
Advanced

The bolt length is certainly very different C2 to C4. That isn't the issue here though. It's the distance from the mounting on the body to the engine carrier that's in question.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Wevo C2 installed in a 97 C4S today. FItment was perfect. About 1 cm of thread left past the bolt head. Muffler tips needed hardly any adjustment at all-just a tap with a rubber mallet to straighten them out. Worked like a charm and LOVE the new, raspier sound! No huge cabin vibration to speak of. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

I just welded the rennline reinforcement bracket to the engine carrier and had no issues, the difference must be in the position of the tubes at the ends of the carrier.

BTW the C4 motor mounts are also fluid filled.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tropheus
This are the pictures which I got from Ed.

Jack
Thanks. So which mounts are these and what application?

Quick Reply: Need help - WEVO C2 mount for C4S