Sponsored by:

Lifts: Bend-Pak Scissor vs. MaxJax

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Lifts: Bend-Pak Scissor vs. MaxJax

For issues related to these lifts. I'm copying my postings from another thread into this thread.

MaxJax is http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

Bend-Pak is http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/spe...ts/MD-6XP.aspx

Copied postings:
Originally Posted by guardsredcab
Bill, What is the other lift you mentioned that was posted a few days ago? I did a search but couldn't find anything recent. Thanks!
Edited: Woops, couldn't find the previous PM but I did find the thread link:
MaxJax group buy thread

Again, it's a MaxJax.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Copied:
Originally Posted by IXLR8
Bill, would that be the MD-6XP model from BendPak?

I noticed that you have the car quite far back on the lift. Was that to clear the cross bars on the back portion of the lift so that the forward end of the transmission would clear as you lifted the car? How stable was the car that far back?

Are you referring to the MaxJax? Its on my short list but only if I cut out and then pour a thicker concrete section in my garage floor. I'd also want the same grade of concrete used in machine shops / industrial warehouses.

I'm still leaning towards the Greg Smith Equipment Atlas Kwik Bay 7000 which is fully clear between the longitudinal supports. It looks built!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Copied:
Bill, would that be the MD-6XP model from BendPak?
Bend-Pak yes, and that model no. sounds right.

I noticed that you have the car quite far back on the lift. Was that to clear the cross bars on the back portion of the lift so that the forward end of the transmission would clear as you lifted the car? How stable was the car that far back?
I don't normally position the car that far back but I didn't know how much the rear of the lift would be in my way. I could have easily positioned the car 6" (or more) forward w/ out problem. As it was, since I knew the engine would be out of the car (or supported while removing/installing) the vast majority of the time I wasn't too concerned about the rear bias. I had no issues with it like that even before the engine was dropped.

Are you referring to the MaxJax? Its on my short list but only if I cut out and then pour a thicker concrete section in my garage floor. I'd also want the same grade of concrete used in machine shops / industrial warehouses.

I'm still leaning towards the Greg Smith Equipment Atlas Kwik Bay 7000 which is fully clear between the longitudinal supports. It looks built!
Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about the 4" vs. 6" issue as I would use a 2' x 2' steel plate between the garage floor and the lift plate just to help distribute the weight. But that's just me.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,
I picked up my Maxjax from that group buy last Tuesday. I hope to install it by this coming weekend - I'll keep you posted - looks very straight forward. There are quite a few threads on the Maxjax, and really, all other lifts over on the Garage Journal forum.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by firesm
Bill,
I picked up my Maxjax from that group buy last Tuesday. I hope to install it by this coming weekend - I'll keep you posted - looks very straight forward. There are quite a few threads on the Maxjax, and really, all other lifts over on the Garage Journal forum.
It was just my engine drop thread was getting a lot of postings about my Bend-Pak lift and I wanted to divert them over to a new thread instead.

I had a local RL'er email me yesterday about buying my Bend-Pak so I could go to the MaxJax. I would love to do it, we'll see how the numbers work out. I may be investigating them very seriously real soon.

Quick Reply: Lifts: Bend-Pak Scissor vs. MaxJax