MaxJax Group Buy Opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts
Default MaxJax Group Buy Opportunity

This is a cross-post to see if there are any other willing participants to get in on a group buy of Dannmar's MaxJax home, two-post, mid-rise lift. (Gretch and Bob Rouleau have blessed this.)

If you are unfamiliar with the product, here is a link to their site and a couple of videos.

Dannmar MaxJax Website

Group buy specifics:

Price: $1,800 with shipping included (I assume domestic 48 states). CA residents will have to pay sales tax. Payments will be made directly to Dannmar (no intermediary).

Number:We need 5 individual orders to get the group buy price. We currently have 3 confirmed. We will mostly likely proceed with the group buy as soon as we get the 5th participant. So we only need two other participants.

Timing: As I stated above, we'll most likely close the group buy as soon as the other 2 participants are identified, but the goal is to have the order placed no later than Thanksgiving. Dannmar states that orders are fulfilled within 7-10 days.

Benefit of the Group Buy: You save on price. Best price we've seen elsewhere is $1,900 from Costco, but you'll most likely have to pay tax if you order through them. So for CA residents, you save $100. For other residents, you'll save somewhere around $200.

If you are interested: Please post on the MaxJax thread from the 928 board.

Or you can send "Herman K" a PM.

As I don't frequent this board, I'd appreciate it if you can post any questions in the thread I linked above.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If I didn't already have a Bend-Pak mid-rise scissor lift I would be all over this.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

The Max Jax was my #1 pick till I decided on the Atlas Kwik Bay 7000 from Greg Smith, still to be purchased. I know they each have advantages/disadvantages over the other. The MaxJax seems to be well thought out.

My concern with the MaxJax was the repeated fastening of the posts to the concrete inserts...in regular concrete used in home garages. I wanted to lay a 1" thick steel plate across the floor anchored/embedded in the concrete to bolt it too, but the MaxJax office could not provide any feedback, and I'm not a structural engineer.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
If I didn't already have a Bend-Pak mid-rise scissor lift I would be all over this.
I will buy your mid rise and you can buy this. My garage is to small for this type .
Old 11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
The Max Jax was my #1 pick till I decided on the Atlas Kwik Bay 7000 from Greg Smith, still to be purchased. I know they each have advantages/disadvantages over the other. The MaxJax seems to be well thought out.

My concern with the MaxJax was the repeated fastening of the posts to the concrete inserts...in regular concrete used in home garages. I wanted to lay a 1" thick steel plate across the floor anchored/embedded in the concrete to bolt it too, but the MaxJax office could not provide any feedback, and I'm not a structural engineer.
that insert shown in that installation video was HUGE! It must have been 6" long for christ sake. The average thickness of most garage floors is only a 4" slab.

I'm going midrise-just built an addition to an outbuilding, and recessed an opening in the floor for one. Just gotta get it...anybody want a 993TT tail to help me fund the lift?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
The average thickness of most garage floors is only a 4" slab.
If it is poured to spec. I bet it is thinner here and there, just like the average 2" asphalt driveway.

The concrete I should have had poured in my garage is the type you find in machine shops or industrial plants.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow993
I will buy your mid rise and you can buy this. My garage is to small for this type .
Uh, Sure. When can I expect you to come pick it up?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:47 PM
geldgrube
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IXLR8
If it is poured to spec. I bet it is thinner here and there, just like the average 2" asphalt driveway.

The concrete I should have had poured in my garage is the type you find in machine shops or industrial plants.
You have a PM
Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, i'm about 99% in. I have wanted one of these for a while and the price is right. I do have a midrise that I would need to sell, but I don't think that will be an issue. i'm just tired of driving on top of the midrise to park.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I love my Bend-Pak middie, I'd still choose it given a choice. It was also only $1300 or so delivered, when I bought it. Compact and no issues with concrete prep. Heck, parking over it makes it easier to get out of the darned car.

But, I'm sure some will like these MaxJax's.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:14 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 423 Posts

I would do this in a New York minute if it were Spring. It's too cold to work in my garage in the winter and the 911 began hibernating in it's slot yesterday.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:33 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was fortunate enough to get in on this group buy, having just finished insulating and drywalling my garage as well as installing a new gas heater - the timing was perfect. I received confirmation that it arrived on friday at the company that receives shipments for me in Ogdensburg, and I'll be driving down on tuesday to pick it up - very excited! From my conversations with Herman K, who organized this group buy, it was going to close once they reached at least 5, and I think the final count was 7. I don't think it would be too hard for someone to organize another, whoever does should contact Herman K to find out the details. The whole process was very fast - once he emailed Danmar with the names and contact info of the group, I was contacted the next day, I spoke with a very friendly person named Ryan who actually worked for Garage Equipment Supply and he gave me a deal on a few other items/accessories. The shipment arrived in 7 calendar days from California to upper NY state!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:12 AM
R-R-Rx7
Rennlist Member

if its not too late, im in for one too
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 AM
IrocMan
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Damned I didn't see that thread earlier.
When's the dead line ?
If it fits the area where my track car sleeps... I'm in.

Thanks for sharing the god plan, tho.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 PM
R-R-Rx7
Rennlist Member

no one knows if this offer still stands?

Quick Reply: MaxJax Group Buy Opportunity