Sponsored by:

Proud new member of the Fister Stage III Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:36 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by firesm
Oh - and stage III all the way! I went from supercups to these - so they were actually quieter, but the stage III's have a much better sound imho.
I am competing with a 993 with Supercups at DEs and AXs.
Fabspeed says that the supercups gets +15 HP. Is this true? Does anyone know the weight and HP difference between the two?
I have Stage 3's and am very happy with them. I just need to know what I am up against.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you notice a big difference in the tone between the two? the IIIs seem to have a higher pitch to them from what i can hear in videos.

Originally Posted by sdcabrio
Get the IIIs. I went from stock to RSRs up to stage IIs up to stage IIIs. I think I got more gurgles and pops (very cool to me) with my driving style with the IIs, but love the sound of the IIIs overall. They are not so loud that you'll feel you made a mistake.

As stated above, the install is super easy.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric
Fabspeed says that the supercups gets +15 HP.
In case your joking - good one. In case your serious, then - negative. Never had the car on a dyno machine, but my butt dyno never noticed a difference. But they are probably 15db louder...
Old 11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
SKhiev
Advanced

Congrats!!! and welcome. It's one of the best upgrade you can do to your car IMO. I love my stage III's. Darin should make a sticker decal of that. " I love my Stage III's"
Old 11-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Into993
Track Day

No comment.

Last edited by Into993; 11-25-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
firesm
Pro

Originally Posted by Into993
Fister III can sound like a junk Honda Civic with the performance exhaust. Too many pops and whines and Im too old for that.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been thinking about going from my RSRs to Fisters. Darin makes a great product!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:13 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Fister III can sound like a junk Honda Civic with the performance exhaust. Too many pops and whines and Im too old for that.
LOL

hey, welcome to RL.
Any other little nuggets of wisdom you'd like to share with the group?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Into993
Track Day

Originally Posted by MarkD
LOL

hey, welcome to RL.
Any other little nuggets of wisdom you'd like to share with the group?
Call it like I hear it. I do like the II. Much more refined, low growl, less poppy.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:07 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Call it like I hear it. I do like the II. Much more refined, low growl, less poppy.
I understand calling it like you hear it. Just an "interesting" choice of words.
Many ways to convey a message.

Exhaust sound is an individual thing, for sure.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:15 AM
pchansen1
Advanced

How do these sound relative to LPMM's?
Old 11-25-2010, 08:36 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not sure why you deemed it necessary to jump in the middle of a thread where people are very happy with their Stage IIIs and post a negative slam against them.
My Stage III mufflers are not for everyone, and I will be the first to admit that, but to compare a 993 with my mufflers to a "junk Honda Civic" with a performance exhaust is simply ridiculous.
The following users liked this post:
JSF (05-10-2023)
Old 11-25-2010, 09:13 AM
ofd
Instructor

Hi,

I have to agree with MarkD and FisterD about the comments here. I currently do not own their products (yet, short shift with golden rod coming this winter), but most of the people here on the 993 forums like their products and the way they handle the business that they are in.
I'm going to have to get together with firesm to have a listen to these stage III's. If I can also get him out to our local track (Calabogie) to get them sound checked, that would be great.
About the "Junk" Honda comment. I happen to love my Honda, it may not have the prettiest face but Honda's are far from junk.

Cheers,
Geoff
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
firesm
Pro

Originally Posted by ofd
Hi,

I have to agree with MarkD and FisterD about the comments here. I currently do not own their products (yet, short shift with golden rod coming this winter), but most of the people here on the 993 forums like their products and the way they handle the business that they are in.
I'm going to have to get together with firesm to have a listen to these stage III's. If I can also get him out to our local track (Calabogie) to get them sound checked, that would be great.
About the "Junk" Honda comment. I happen to love my Honda, it may not have the prettiest face but Honda's are far from junk.

Cheers,
Geoff
Hey Geoff,
Yes, track next summer for sure. Just picked up my maxjax lift in Ogdensburg on Tuesday, Chris installed my gas heater, and I finally finished the insulation and drywall - so this winter the 993 will no longer have the same ride height as my Silverado!

Let me know if you need a hand with the SSK and Golden Rod, as I did that mod a few months ago (awesome - of course, like all FDM stuff).

As far as hearing my Stage III's - anytime. It's always smart to form your opinion on something like this after actually hearing them in person and driving a car that has them vs hearing a couple of youtube clips... but who would do that?...
Old 11-25-2010, 11:52 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by firesm
In case your joking - good one. In case your serious, then - negative. Never had the car on a dyno machine, but my butt dyno never noticed a difference. But they are probably 15db louder...
this is off the Fabspeed site. any thoughts....?

Quick Reply: Proud new member of the Fister Stage III Club