Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STEREO UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that installation also--I like it a lot. My boys still fit in the back (and will for many years more), so I am unwilling to lose my rear foot wells.
It looks like you have manual seats, do you think it would work with 8-way power seats?
thanks
--Joe
Old 12-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Porschen993
Rennlist Member

I have semi manual on passenger side(Half powered). But I think it will work. I tried it under the driver seat(witch is full powered) and the only problem was the boxes on the floor(ECU units I believe).
Old 12-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Porschen993
Rennlist Member

"With the sub-woofer connected to the bottom of the seat instead of the floor, do you notice any adverse affects to the bass because it can move? Also, it looks like it's zip tied to the seat springs. Could someone sitting in the seat cause it to compress and possibly hit the floor? Please don't take these questions wrong. The only reason I'm asking is I really like the setup."

I did not try it on the floor, facing up, but the sound is great facing down. That´s enough for me. I realy can not feel the woofer when sitting down and it does not hit the floor when seat is adj. to lowest level.

So the bad news: You may need to know someone in Europe to bring the woofer over to you. (as I did) ,,,No one has it for sale in the US.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Linnm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A late FYI re this thread. I went with 2 8" subs on the back floor and a 10" under the hood in front--coupled with 3 amps (Alpine V12). One amp to front sub, one to both in rear and 1 to balance of speakers in car. I use a McIntosh head unit and changer.

Last edited by Linnm; 12-20-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Ice9
Track Day

After much research, I too went with the Rod Birch Car Audio Innovations set up 2 years. It included twin 8 inch JL Subs in the rear footwell, Audison amp, and 2 new speakers in the door. I let Rob and his crew do the install (I gave up DIY car installs back about when I finished high school).

I could not be happier with Rod's architecture or build quality. The system is balanced and sounds great and after 2 years it is just as solid and problem free as it was on day one -- and I hammer those subs almost every day.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 AM
bosch's993
Instructor

Thumbs up Stereo Revamp

Originally Posted by timabe
I tried that same player. For some odd reason, it was about 1/16" too wide to fit properly. I finally gave up installing it and took it to a top-notch installer who also couldn't get it to fit properly without mods. I ended up taking it back to Best Buy and ordering one of these Kenwood units. Fit perfectly and the screen is bright enough to see in all but direct sunlight.
I am new to the site, but i have a 1996 993 c2 and i just did a whole stereo revamp, and i used the Pioneer stereo and it fit fine, only trouble i had was getting the old one out. and finding a inconspicuous place to put the microphone for the Bluetooth

For the front door panel speakers i used ARC audio component speakers which just went straight into the old speakers spots. (even the tweeter fit inside the original speaker housing)

For the rear deck i used Polk Audio 4x6's which are exceptional for mid-to-high sound freq.'s.

For an Amp i used a Polk Audio PA660.4, its mounted in the trunk, and it leaves space for me to still put some stuff in there, its pretty compact for the power it produces.

Together it sounds fantastic, even with out a subwoofer, I tried to keep it looking pretty stock, with the exception of the Head Unit.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

What is the brand name of the sub woofer?
Is it powered or are you using an external amp?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Floodj
What is the brand name of the sub woofer?
Is it powered or are you using an external amp?
It is from Helix which is a German brand and active, i.e. does not need extra amp.

Hier wird Dir geholfen:

http://www.extremeaudio.de/index.php...ducts_id=29331

Quick Reply: STEREO UPGRADE