Sponsored by:

Got my baby back today from EPE today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
Please post your results with the LWF let me know if your ECU quickly adapts or if it takes time to deal with any stalling issues. Good luck you will love the throttle feel especially 1st and 2nd gear.
Will do. Supposed to be ready Friday afternoon. Been wanting to do this for years. I hate the rubber band feel and slow rev drop when changing gears.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Picked up the car tonight with the new LWF, no stalling issue. Couple of times it dropped very low but caught itself, DME seems to have learned. Total time driving so far is about 1hr. Do have a little gravely noise at idle. Sure does pick up revs quicker though, lot's of fun, pulls nice and hard up the rev range.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:53 AM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pcarnut
Picked up the car tonight with the new LWF, no stalling issue. Couple of times it dropped very low but caught itself, DME seems to have learned. Total time driving so far is about 1hr. Do have a little gravely noise at idle. Sure does pick up revs quicker though, lot's of fun, pulls nice and hard up the rev range.
Mine just needed a few cold starts and a good drive through the gears. The DME learned hopefully. I changed my driving style to keep it in gear when slowing until revs drop to about 1000-1500, but even a few times when I pulled it out of gear at higher rpms it caught it so hopefully I'm fine. My noise at idle is hardly noticeable, I do have Fister stage III's however. What tranny oil are you using. I used Mobil 1 Delvac and so far pretty quiet.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:40 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
What tranny oil are you using. I used Mobil 1 Delvac and so far pretty quiet.
Before the change I had been experimenting with different oils. The worst by far was the Lucas Heavy Duty, took one drive around the block and took it out. Best so far has been half and half of M1 LS Synthetic (off the shelf) and Redline NS.
Shifts smoothly, like this combo the best. Might try the Delvac though to see if it quiets the marbles.

Quick Reply: Got my baby back today from EPE today!