Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fister Stage III vs. Motor Sound Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm also a MS-to-Stage III convert. It's like Clark Kent stepping into a phone booth and exiting as Superman. In all my years of spending money on exhaust systems, this has been the most satisfying and the best bang for the buck.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:05 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ch1ch
Great video btw! And I agree, I will prob def go with the Stage II, Thx!
Wait until my video of my recently installed Stage III's goes up today
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a quick follow-up to this thread, I never realized how meek the factory motorsound cans were compared to the Fister Stage IIIs. Thanks to MikeJ in Vancouver BC for helping with their installation, the 130-mile return drive home was a much more invigorating one. They're surprisingly quiet while stopped at an interection and at cruising speed. The bark is much more aggressive and purposeful when you get on the throttle. Thanks Mark and Darin for the great service! I should have done this mod years ago!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Default X Pipes Treat?

I hear rumors that Mark and Darin are coming up with a 200 cell cat and X pipes treat for us. I have this configuration on my car with FD Stage 1 muffs. The sound at the track, especially on downshifts, is mind boggling!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:15 AM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I hear rumors that Mark and Darin are coming up with a 200 cell cat and X pipes treat for us. I have this configuration on my car with FD Stage 1 muffs. The sound at the track, especially on downshifts, is mind boggling!
hmmm, sounds like an interesting rumor.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Wolfk
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I am waiting for my stage III's as I am sending my stage II's back for exchange. I personally think the stage II sound should have been what the factory motorsound package sound should have been. From inside the car they are audible only at higher rpm ranges. II's are a little too quiet for me. All the sound clips that I have heard are taken from outside the car. Some with the microphone mounted to the rear bumper. In which they do sound great. However, I care mostly about what I hear inside the car as I am driving. Hopefully the III's will do it for me.

Last edited by Wolfk; 07-04-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great video and good feedback. I have been on the fence about this for awhile, because I do not want to lose the B-R-R-A-A-A-P unique flat 6 exhaust sound. This has been one of my biggest concerns from sound clips - that the car would be translated to sounding like Mopar muscle car. Nothing wrong with that sound, love it, but dont want it on my Porsche. Want to retain the Porsche sound. Seems to me that the Stage II are the right answer for that. Some more bite, but not too hollow/"big bore" sounding...(?)
Old 07-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Great video and good feedback. I have been on the fence about this for awhile, because I do not want to lose the B-R-R-A-A-A-P unique flat 6 exhaust sound. This has been one of my biggest concerns from sound clips - that the car would be translated to sounding like Mopar muscle car. Nothing wrong with that sound, love it, but dont want it on my Porsche. Want to retain the Porsche sound. Seems to me that the Stage II are the right answer for that. Some more bite, but not too hollow/"big bore" sounding...(?)
Supercup's give that muscle car sound, not any Fisters. Even Stage l's have a great burble, ll's better, and lll's better yet. Following behind a set of Stage lll's is truely great. Come on Jonathan, get off the fence.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Jonathan, get Stage IIIs!!! You won't regret it! I was quite surprised at how quiet the car is with roof closed, windows up. I was able to speak normally with the U.S. Customs officer at the Canada/U.S. border crossing without them requesting that I shut the engine down unlike when I drive the 82SC with SSIs and Dansk muffler, It's "Please turn off your engine", every time! This is definitely the way these cars should have sounded from the factory.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats, Harlan! It only took you, what?, almost two years.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:52 PM
gsholz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just upgraded to Stage IIIs from stock on a 95 C2 convertible. Perfect sound, not too loud at all and best of all no droning. Perfectly quiet at cruise even with the top down and sound great when you step on it. Recommended.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Harlan, I'm glad yoou like them! gsholz too! Welcome to the club
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I hear rumors that Mark and Darin are coming up with a 200 cell cat and X pipes treat for us.
Yes .. I can confirm that rumor .. and wait till you see the AWESOME Fister nameplate carved out of steel on the prototype ...
Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Jonathan, get Stage IIIs!!! You won't regret it! I was quite surprised at how quiet the car is with roof closed, windows up. I was able to speak normally with the U.S. Customs officer at the Canada/U.S. border crossing without them requesting that I shut the engine down unlike when I drive the 82SC with SSIs and Dansk muffler, It's "Please turn off your engine", every time! This is definitely the way these cars should have sounded from the factory.
+1
stage III's
Old 07-04-2012, 07:21 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
+1
stage III's
I think Opo wins with the most sets of Stage IIIs in one stable

Quick Reply: Fister Stage III vs. Motor Sound Exhaust